NSX Inspection?

I'm thinking of buying a car on the east coast, but the problem is that I live in CA and don't have time to fly east. SO, any suggestions on any inspection companies? Does the Acura dealer haven any kind of inspection services? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

All dealers can do a pre-purchase inspection, as can those general vehicle inspection services. However... General vehicle inspection companies can inspect for general problems (tire wear, brake pad wear, general condition) but would not know which problems are specific to the NSX (window regulators, snap ring, trunk struts, etc) or what to look for. The same might even be true of a dealer that doesn't do much NSX service work.

Your best bet is to find a dealer that does a lot of NSX service work, and have them do a pre-purchase inspection. You can expect to spend an hour or two of their standard labor charge.

You can also have a local, knowledgeable NSX owner check it out for you.

In general, dealer mechanics are much better at checking the mechanical condition of the internals. Owners tend to be good mostly at evaluating cosmetic condition. Of course, you can use one of each for the best of both worlds.

You can ask here for someone near a particular location, to get referrals...

Hello votrix, welcome to the board. I live in Cal and just recently purchased a car from Boston. I did the same thing that Ken advises above. I first had another nsxprime member look at the car and gave me a detailed report. I then had the owner take the car to an Acura dealer for a PPI. I'm still amazed at how inexpensive this inspection was for how much info I received back. The dealer did find a few issues that the owner took care of. After that, it was down to flying out to look at the car and make a final offer. It was really exciting to fly across the country to look/buy a car.

My suggestion is to spend a lot of time on this board, go thru the FAQ a couple times and ask questions. Everyone here is great about answering them.

Good luck, be patient and enjoying searching for your car.

Back