Nsx Inquiry

ok hi
i am currently a BMW owner
i will be graduating college and going into the job market in less than ayear
my lease to my car is up in 18 months
i will be in the market for a car
i was considereing a NSX but it is very high priced
i would definitly go for a used one but i dont like anything too old and out of style
due to the great styling of the nsx thats hard to come by
i wouldnt go for anything older than a 2002
will i be able to get a 2002-2003 for somewhere between 50-60g's
if so where, how etcc.......
also can i know anything about hooking it up
show me places that do bodykits (ie websites etc....)
and turbos or other performance mods......ide also like to see quarter mile times and quartermile times of turbos and supercharged NSX's and what kits where used and mods etcc....
thanx in advance

MATT
mattssig.gif

02/03 for that price, not likely at all if you are talking about whole sale.

Why won't you consider anything earlier than that, it is the same car and some people preferred them over the new car because of its re-design?

Last edited:
NSXSAN said:
02/03 for that price, not likely at all if you are talking about whole sale.

why won't you consider anything earlier than that, it is the same car and some people preferred them over the new car because of its redesign.

im the same way...i like the old design better...

ill take a beautiful '97 NA2 anyday of the week! :eek:

I agree, you won't see a 02/03 model at that price range for a few years. In addition, since they only sell about 200 models a year tops you'll be hard pressed to find one in the future.

For 60k, you're looking at a 2000 NSX-T.

Beside the NSX, how about these:
1. Dodge Viper GTS (1999-2000)
2. Lotus Esprit V8 Twin Turbo (1999-2000)
3. Panoz Esperante (2001)

If your looking for something not as exotic,

4. Porsche 911 Carrera 4 (1999-2000)
5. Corvette Z06
6. BMW M3

good luck on your search.

Not likely! They are very sought after and rare. To people who have no idea what it is, they think that the new NSX is a new Ferrari of some sort.

good plan...i will be looking for a car in 13 months
cars i will be looking at
New & Used: NSX
New BMW M3- (dont want to get one...because new M4's etc... will be coming out and i hate being outdated)
350z (not realy that intrested)
Skyline R33 GT-R (great car...not practical)
MB C55 (if its out yet its a possibility but i need a Manual Trans)

THX for your help guys

just curious what kind of jobyou are going into? i'm curious cause not too many people fresh in the job market go for a $60k car...

and yeah, $60k is unlikely, but not impossible...

NSX FoYoAss said:
nsxtasy said:
I suggest you wait another 16 months or so, and then take a look at the car market at that time...
I agree!
As do I. A lot can change in 16 months (both in your personal life and in the employment market), and while it may be fun to peruse now, IMO you'd be jumping ahead of yourself. I don't know what field you're going into, but in my profession (IT) 16 months is a *very* long time..

P.S., Valet parking must pay big buck$, if you're able to afford a BMW! ;)

valet pays rather well
summer is slow but when its a good time of year i make 300-600 a week and the last few weeks of the year more.
i am goin into the Telecomunnication Management market
my father is getting me a job when i et out of college......i should be getting a job somewhere in the $40g-$60g range, and then i still have valet i am not giving up untill i am able to pay bills and live on my own without that.
my father will be helping me a little too ofcourse with maybe paying my insurance or putting some money down (probobly $5000) as a graduation gift. i am rather lucky to be in my situation if everything works out well
but i really like the new NSX's and there also tons of new cars that are coming out that are insane (ie. 6 series BMW, 4 series BMW) and many more

PHOEN$X said:

As do I. A lot can change in 16 months (both in your personal life and in the employment market), and while it may be fun to peruse now, IMO you'd be jumping ahead of yourself. I don't know what field you're going into, but in my profession (IT) 16 months is a *very* long time..

P.S., Valet parking must pay big buck$, if you're able to afford a BMW! ;)
[/QUOTE]

I agree again! :D

Just thought of something. Since you seem to like the 02+ design, it might be cheaper to get an older car and doing the 02 conversion. Not that I particularly relish the thought of someone tearing apart a perfectly beautiful (IMO) NA1/NA2 NSX, but it might be a cheaper route to what you're looking for. Besides, the mechanics of the 97-01 are pretty much identical to the 02+ anyway. Just a thought.

CMYCI said:
i should be getting a job somewhere in the $40g-$60g range
I don't think that buying a car that costs more than your annual before-tax income is a good idea. Especially when you're just starting out.

when you live at home..its not a bad idea to get a car payed up for and then move out with car bills all payed
i want to buy something new...keep it and when i move out and get a house....get a fammilly truck like a escalade or something (not escalde just something of thee sort) and keep those cars
dont forget if i get a job for lets say 35g's
i use that to live and savee and use the valet for paying bills so
if i make 30g's a year in valet then thats good for somebills+ some of the 35g's
thx for your opinions guys

Back