NSX in Porsche land

Gents,

I have lived in Germany for over a year now. I currently own a Porsche C4 and love it but I still long for a NSX. "Jap" cars are not that popular here and they can be picked up pretty reasonably. I am currently desperately trying to sell my C4 in order to purchase a '95 US spec Targa with 9k miles. I know that I should run a car fax to check the history but I am at a loss for what else to check. It needs new tires (9k - could this be true?!) Can any one offer advice on anything else I should do / check? The asking price is $39k.

Thanks!!

You should also check and see which of the major routine services have been done.
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Maintenance/schedule.htm

Some of these services can be costly. At the very least, you should check and see if the timing belt and water pump have been replaced. It should also have had the 4yr/60K service as well. If not, you will need to figure these into the cost of the car.

The car only has 9000 miles on it. How important is the time servicing? Should I have to worry about the timing belt with this low miles? Are there any other time related problems I should be looking for? Looking around I see that 9k is about the life of a set of rear tires - is that your experience as well? Thanks for all the support!

Yes, the timing belt wears as a function of time as well as mileage, so it is very important that it has been replaced at the appropriate time interval. Tire wear varies depending on the type of tire, and how the car is driven. On average the tire life is much less than a typical non-sports car though.

Originally posted by 911convert:
Looking around I see that 9k is about the life of a set of rear tires - is that your experience as well?

For many owners, 9K could be the life of two sets of rear tires.

I take my car to the track and I've gotten as little as 9545 miles for three sets of rear tires.
eek.gif

Back