NSX Hybrid?

I wouldnt be surprised if this happened everybody is trying to go green these days.

Well I wouldn't be surprised if they did that. I know Honda is putting most of their resources into green fuel and r&d. I feel like all this is just speculation considering Honda announced they canceled the NSX project.

To be honest, that would make a lot of sense given the company's orientation. I think it would make an excellent sportscar if they can solve for the weight issue as electric motors reach peak torque instantly. I would like them to focus their energies on building a lightweight hybrid sports car, not a hybrid V-10 GT like they were going to do though.

i was thinking about installing a propane system on the x to get the 'green' plates- unlimited hov lane use:wink:

I already have a hybrid NSX.

It burns gasoline and rubber ...lol :tongue:

Me too, except I have a battery and gas engine. The gas engine recharges my battery and my battery power essential components like the spark plugs and stereo. :biggrin:

i was thinking about installing a propane system on the x to get the 'green' plates- unlimited hov lane use:wink:

You may be on to something..hmmm....I wonder if I could take advantage of "green" gov subsidies if I can produce enough methane as I drive:redface: hmmmmm......

I had been told by customer's husband who was a Honda design engineer that he had an conversation with a group of the engineers who were working on the replacement NSX project. This was about 2 years ago?
There were two subjects: first was the materials of the body.

The second was a design for power that none of you have hit on yet though you are close. It was quite a surprise and would be a first. It was more than one type of power (2) but more than two ways that it would be applied, something I had not expected or thought of at all.
Since then the ending of the NSX project was announced. I think the concept will be used eventually though I have not seen a hint of it in print or elsewhere.

Last edited:
hydrogen internal combustion along with hydrogen power cell. not a tough guess.

That's what I would have guessed as well... but nope.

So many ideas are looked at by developers and if it gets killed before it is fully developed it just doesn't matter what it might of been. It's just becomes one more slice of new-NSX bologna.

Last edited:
forgot your meds today?
you fail to realize that THEY are calling it nsx and THEY are the manufacturer so no matter how high we all jump and scream it makes squat of a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can call it whatever they want, and teh car will be bad ass, especially after people start moding it. The Audi R8 looked bad in pictures (IMO) but beautiful now.

With advancements in batteries, it's not unlikely that the car might be able to produce gobs of torque and amazing mpgs.

I donno I think Honda is testing with Hydrogen powered cars too, wouldn't be suprised if that would be a replacement engine. I never cared for the ASCC. but whatever they decide to do, whatever. I still want my 1st NSX. and it will probably be a NA1.

How about the Karma? It has 450 HP and NINE HUNDRED pounds of instant torque, fully electric, Z06 brakes, sports suspension by ZF, and looks that kill inside and out. 85K. Very green if you charge it at home. It is going to beat every electric to market. Isn't this a competitor to an NSX hybrid already but better?

1f757c05571bc5658e5f08b6727ce3dd.jpg

I'm sure he is referring to some form of diesel power turbo diesel if I was a guessing man.
That's what most F1 cars are now...and diesel is what everybody likes now. Good power good mpgs
If built correctly.
I'm still waiting to see Honda market the first diesel civic in the states...since they've had them over seas
For a billion years now. My vot...use the hsc body and a turbo dies powerplant if they're going to make a car
That we are going to bitch about and agree to disagree lol

I had been told by customer's husband who was a Honda design engineer that he had an conversation with a group of the engineers who were working on the replacement NSX project. This was about 2 years ago?
There were two subjects: first was the materials of the body.

The second was a design for power that none of you have hit on yet though you are close. It was quite a surprise and would be a first. It was more than one type of power (2) but more than two ways that it would be applied, something I had not expected or thought of at all.
Since then the ending of the NSX project was announced. I think the concept will be used eventually though I have not seen a hint of it in print or elsewhere.

Back