NSX high Mileage?

Hello,
I currently was at the local chevy dealer lookin for a winter beater, and the salesman was droolin over my Z and I was like ya I think I'm gonna sell it for a NSX, he then told me he has a friend with a black 91 with 160,000kms on it (which is alot) but the guy would sell it for like 25g canadian. Does anyone on this board have a X with this high of mileage? because if I did this I would have the color I want and have to not fork out any more cash to get a X :cool:

Thanks
Bubba

NSX High Mileage

Bubba,

I purchased an NSX nearly 4 yrs ago with 127K miles...I now have over 142K...going strong and still lovin the car. Sure I have done a few minor things, but that can be expected with a car with this many miles. All in all the car continues to be extremely reliable and fun to drive. Defintely a few things you need to watch our for when buying a car with high mileage....timing belt, clutch, water pump, AC unit.....and in my case the LMA's (Lost Motion Assemblies) under the rocker arms which were clicking (originally thought the valves were the problem). I am sure there are other key things that need to be considered, hopefully other will add to this thread.

Good luck!

Chris
91 NSX
Rogers, AR

160K kilometers = 100K miles
25K Canadian dollars = 18K U.S. dollars

There are plenty of people here with cars with 100K miles and even lots more. However, if they're well maintained, they usually sell for considerably more than $18K. $25K is a typical price for a high-mileage NSX in good condition.

I have 110K miles which is over 160K Kms .. bought it at 91K which is about what you're thinking of doing. $25K Canadian would be a steal if it's had the 90K mile service done which includes the timing belt and other major items. Even if it hasn't, it can't be more that $2-3K to have them done and it's still a steal.

BTW .. I live in Regina and drive my '91 year round .. that way you won't need a beater!

Chris,

I am in Arkansas. Send me a PM so we can get together..

Jason

Jason and Chris... I am in Arkansas also. Let me know if you get anything set up and I will try to meet up if you guys don't mind. I live in Lowell which is right next to Rogers.

Not to stray from the original subject, but count me in as well.
I am in Little Rock. Anyone else in Little Rock?
Paul:)

Move topic to South Central Region

Let's continue this discusion over in the South Central Region forum....Anyone up for an NSX gathering here in Northwest Arkansas through the Ozarks???

Chris

my goal on mine is to put over 200,000 miles on stock engine.

Bubba-Z, I have over 154,000 kilometers on my NSX and it is in good condition with all service up to date and I would consider my car to be worth a lot more than 25,000 CDN. I would be stunned if anyone sold their car that cheap unless there were some major issues, such as accident history, service not up to date, poor repairs in past, motor issues.

Good Luck.

Back