NSX-GT in action

sounds real nice, might not be the production engine of the road car but still happy with that noise

I hadn't seen this1 b4.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^Still carries that outdated front....:mad:

sounds like a sequential gearbox for sure...

- - - Updated - - -

I hadn't seen this1 b4.

- - - Updated - - -
mate, that's a 458 Ferrari photoshopped. but i kinda like it... :smile:

p.s. a little more angular in the back to match the front and i'd buy one!

Last edited:
It's the Super GT - GT500 series...

not sure but as I understood it... there is no displacement limit just a 500 hp limit

Yes it's a 4 cylinder turbo. Sounds like Super GT is conforming and/or combining with DTM regulations so that it would be cheaper for manufactures to compete in different racing series.

Yes it's a 4 cylinder turbo. Sounds like Super GT is conforming and/or combining with DTM regulations so that it would be cheaper for manufactures to compete in different racing series.
exactly^ they are making it the same so it can compete in Europe Honda want to sell this car globaly

it also means we may get a RHD 'R' version out of Japan now that would be worth waiting for

Last edited:
it looked like an SLS was sitting outside as the NSX headed out for the first run. i like that it still has the "H" and "Honda" badging all over it...

I feel Honda is doing exactly what nissan did with the skyline. It performs out of this world but lacks all visual aspects of a "skyline GTR" with exception of tail lights and badging.

What we see is a good platform to start from. Jeff's(carbon 6) car is much more appealing to my eyes. I think the word "new" before NSX and all we love about the cars we drive is whats making us excited more so than what we see now visually without numbers, hp, 0-6o etc.

does anyone think as it was previously suggested that Honda might make two engines for this car? like Audi offers with the R8? anyone remember how long the original Lotus Esprit was looked down upon for "only" being a four banger? even though it made 300hp at one stage, the same as a Ferrari 348 and more than an NSX...

does anyone think as it was previously suggested that Honda might make two engines for this car? like Audi offers with the R8? anyone remember how long the original Lotus Esprit was looked down upon for "only" being a four banger? even though it made 300hp at one stage, the same as a Ferrari 348 and more than an NSX...

I don't recall it ever being looked down upon as they had always been four cylinders. The turbo models were always fast or faster than V6/V8 from other companies. Only one person from Vtec.net had said "insider info was saying two engines" Not really two engines just a NA version and a turbo version of the same car. We'll know in a few months.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on here as to why they are running an inline turbo 4. The GT500 class has been mandating this engine for a while. It has absolutely nothing to do with the production car. The production NSX will be MUCH heavier and will absolutely need a 6 cylinder to compensate for weight. If the Super GT rules allowed for it, Honda would have a V6 in the race car as well.

What IS interesting is the allowance of the engine to be mid ship. I have been calling this one for years now. The HSV was specifically designed to comply with the GT rules, which required the layout to be FR. But Honda was never going to be successful launching a new NSX as a FR, so they have been secretly coercing the sanctioning body of Super GT to allow MRs to compete again. Much to Nissan's dismay! In the interest of keeping the series viable and a proper alternative to Europe's DTM, Super GT has renigged on that rule and now Honda finds itself developing a car just in time for a new race season. The politics at play here are HUGE!

Hey juice what is your fascination with all things Japanese :biggrin:

Back