NSX GSR...lol

From what I can tell, it looks like he accidentally slipped the words "GSR-Supercharged" into the vehicle description. Everything else in the listing looks like it might be legit. (Although I wouldn't buy any car sight unseen without at least somebody legit having looked at it in person.)

Maybe he's also selling a supercharged GS-R and he copied his other listing.

You can see my NSX GSR in the photo below. :biggrin:

attachment.php

Ken you seemed to have missed all the misspelled words AND that if you PM him he will sell it for $9K.

Since you saw it first, I'll give you a couple of hours before I wire him the money....a deal is a deal, but 'primers get primary deals!

Ken you seemed to have missed all the misspelled words AND that if you PM him he will sell it for $9K.

Since you saw it first, I'll give you a couple of hours before I wire him the money....a deal is a deal, but 'primers get primary deals!
Misspelled words don't mean it isn't legit. Offering to sell it for $9K does, though. Which is probably why the listing was pulled.

From what I can tell, it looks like he accidentally slipped the words "GSR-Supercharged" into the vehicle description. Everything else in the listing looks like it might be legit. (Although I wouldn't buy any car sight unseen without at least somebody legit having looked at it in person.)

Maybe he's also selling a supercharged GS-R and he copied his other listing.

You can see my NSX GSR in the photo below. :biggrin:

attachment.php

Sweet! I've always wanted a GSR! If Honda doesn't release the Civic Type R here I was thinking of buying a Integra type R. Maybe by then they'll be selling at something other than sticker:eek:

I was thinking of buying a Integra type R. Maybe by then they'll be selling at something other than sticker:eek:
They already are. Except you can't buy them new any more; the last year they were sold in the States was 2001. Used ones with lower mileage in excellent condition typically sell for $16-18K, higher mileage and poorer condition $12-14K. Original MSRP was $24,800.

They already are. Except you can't buy them new any more; the last year they were sold in the States was 2001. Used ones with lower mileage in excellent condition typically sell for $16-18K, higher mileage and poorer condition $12-14K. Original MSRP was $24,800.

I just checked and low mileage clean cars are going for more than twenty. 16-18k is for those with 50k or more miles. I was being funny with the MSRP joke ,but paying $21-22k for a 7 year old car that people paid $24k for :eek: Of course it is a nice of work though and you gotta pay to play.

This goes to show that certain limited, unique vehicles can hold their value extremely well. I really liked the GSX a few years ago .. With the AWD, reasonably well balanced, it handled awesomely (:rolleyes:) With crappy tire, I took my friends car out a few times around the backroads and had a great time.

Tranny and diff were a little flaky, but you could get 400RWHp out of them without too much effort, and if you could make the tranny hold well, that's an awesome AWD launch, low 3xxx lbs maybe?

Me personally, I'm starting to look at some Skylines, see if I can pick one up in the states in the next few years. Admidetly, I don't know much about them and in the states (yet..)

I just checked and low mileage clean cars are going for more than twenty. 16-18k is for those with 50k or more miles.
There aren't many cars with super-low miles (say, under 25K miles). For $18K you can get one in the 25-50K mile range, which is well below average for an ITR. (Median mileage for the ITR is typically around 10K miles/year.) Anyone paying $20K or more for such a car is overpaying. Anyone asking $20K or more for such a car is overoptimistic. :smile:

Quoting prices on an Integra Type R with 10-25K miles or less is like quoting prices on a '91 NSX with under 10K miles. There just aren't a whole lot of them out there, and the few that are, aren't typical of what the car generally sells for.

Last edited:
There aren't many cars with super-low miles (say, under 25K miles). For $18K you can get one in the 25-50K mile range, which is well below average for an ITR. (Median mileage for the ITR is typically around 10K miles/year.) Anyone paying $20K or more for such a car is overpaying. Anyone asking $20K or more for such a car is overoptimistic. :smile:

Quoting prices on an Integra Type R with 10-25K miles or less is like quoting prices on a '91 NSX with under 10K miles. There just aren't a whole lot of them out there, and the few that are, aren't typical of what the car generally sells for.

Ah so you think there's some ahem bargaining room then huh? I went to a couple of ITR sites and most acted like those prices were the norm. I never buy a car w/o getting the best possible price ,but knowing where that price is can be tricky. Thanks for the heads up.

There was a Championship White 1998 Acura Integra Type-R with approximately 4,200 miles for sale around Chicago last year for $18,500 and nobody bought it. All stock. Beautiful car. I thought about getting it myself but decided against it.

By the way....I am also an NSX and Integra GS-R owner. I am not sure if I have pictures of them together, but I think I may have one or two group shots of my cars from a few years ago.

Ah so you think there's some ahem bargaining room then huh? I went to a couple of ITR sites and most acted like those prices were the norm. I never buy a car w/o getting the best possible price ,but knowing where that price is can be tricky. Thanks for the heads up.
Yup. The ITR is one of two used car markets I follow closely enough to have a good idea of actual market values. It's a very small market, with about 3700 cars sold in the States (vs around 9500 NSXs). If you're looking, check all the usual websites (Autotrader, cars.com, etc) as well as honda-tech (in their ITR forum, including but not limited to the "ITRs for sale" topic stickied, as well as in their marketplace forums.

Big "gotchas" to watch out for in the ITR market are (a) condition - lots of cars are just beat to crap; (b) mods - lots of cars have been modded, not always tastefully, and some cars have had the mods removed before selling; and (c) all the usual stuff to look out for, like maintenance, etc. Low-mileage excellent-condition bone-stock cars are hard to find and sell at a premium.

Back