NSX Fraud on Autotrader

So for clarity... The EBAY auction is for real, and the Autotrader Ad is fake? Or are you saying both are fake?

I wrote an email to the AutoTrader people telling them it is a fraudulent ad. I will now write the seller an email saying I have contacted the FBI's fraud department regarding his car, and that the person who is selling the car is a personal friend of mine :)

AutoEuphoria said:
I wrote an email to the AutoTrader people telling them it is a fraudulent ad. I will now write the seller an email saying I have contacted the FBI's fraud department regarding his car, and that the person who is selling the car is a personal friend of mine :)
AND done :biggrin:

Well, that's just rediculous. Maybe the FBI part will get him scared

EDIT:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :cool: :cool:

Dear Tyler,

Thank you for using AutoTrader.com. Thank you for bringing this to our
attention. I will have this ad removed immediately.

If we may be of any further assistance, please contact Customer Support.

Sincerely,
Michael Bowers
AutoTrader.com Customer Support
888-512-0094

> ---- Original Message ----
> From : [email protected]
> To : [email protected]
> Subject : General Comments [INTR:653802]
> Date : Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:34:17 GMT
>
>
> First Name: Tyler
> Last Name: EDITED OUT
> Email Address: [email protected]
> Daytime Phone: EDITED OUT
> Evening Phone: EDITED OUT
> Best Contact Time: Day
> Email Reason: General Comments
> Location:
> User Comments:
>
>This ad:
>
(URL FOR THE AD)
> Is a fraud. I belong to a forum called NSXprime, and the person who is
selling that car (the REAL car) is actually a member there. He did not make
this ad, some other person did and is trying to scam people out of $14,000.
Feel free to check out the thread about this on NSXPrime:
> http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43401
> Please remove that ad before anyone gets scammed.
> Sincerely,
> Tyler

LOL! The fraud guy sent me an email back! Looks like he didn't read what I had to say :rolleyes:

Good day,
I know that you are %100 interested in a car wich must be
located in the US,but I must first tell you that the
car is currently located in Italy.I had to list this vehicle in the US,because
I want to sell it there,beeing an US model....Two months ago I had to move to Italy with my job ,and I took the car with me.Here in Europe I had an unpleasant surprise because the car is an US model,and It will never pass the European emissions standards,so I will not be able to register it here.
I have tried to sell it locally but it was not succesfully.That is why I
am trying to sell the car in USA, there will be no further problems because the car passes US emissions standards as long as it has been purchased in US space.If you are interested in buying it,I will need your zip code so I can estimate shipping and if you are a serious person I will let you know further instructions to finalize the transaction succesfully.I am asking also seriousity from your side because I have a lot of persons interested on the car and I have to know each way to go.
Thank you for your time.
Paul.
Ps:The price is negotiable.

[email protected] wrote:
***VEHICLE LEAD***

The following lead was generated from AutoTrader.com's web site at http://www.autotrader.com. The listing is provided by AutoTrader magazine.
To view the vehicle, click the link below:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=173942708

VEHICLE INFORMATION
Make: Acura
Model: NSX
Year: 1993
Price: 14000
Mileage: 82477
Body Style: Coupe
Color: Orange
Cylinders: 6 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission: Manual
Doors: Two Door
Stereo: Unavailable
VIN: JH4NA1150PT000512
Description: 1993 ACURA NSX, 82,477 mi, Has been extremely pampered and well taken care of. Never raced or tracked in,never been smoked in.Email: [email protected] ., $14,000, 404-873-4245

BUYER INFO
Name: Tyler
E-Mail Address: [email protected]
Comments: Sir,
I was directed to this ad by a mutual friend of both me and the person who is actually selling this car, who happens to be one of my good friends. I wanted to inform you that I have contacted the FBI fraud department regarding this ad.

thanks for EVERYONE's help and alertness to this matter. i guess prime has my back... :biggrin: thanks again! i just found out the same ad is up on recycler.... geeez... :mad:

AutoEuphoria said:
LOL! The fraud guy sent me an email back! Looks like he didn't read what I had to say :rolleyes:

Maybe he thought you had 'seriousity' on your side.

I saw this ad about 3 weeks ago on autotrader and responded (the same ad was on ebay). He said he had a 93 for sale for $10,500, it was in Italy, and he was selling it because it couldnt pass European emission inspection. The response someone received from him above was the exact one I received. It was tempting, but it there were too many obstacles to overcome, and some of his story just didnt make sense (did I mention that it was tempting?). I wound up buying a great 92 near home.

JDMnsxR said:
thanks for EVERYONE's help and alertness to this matter. i guess prime has my back... :biggrin: thanks again! i just found out the same ad is up on recycler.... geeez... :mad:

Your ad was just on eBay again these past 5 days, I bid on it too :)
If I hadn't googled for the VIN and found this forum I'd prob. be out a few bucks..
Thanks guys!

He's still at it.

Car is listed on Cars.com.

Here are his emails sent today from [email protected]:

1:

Hello again,

The car is located in Hamilton,NY but if you are realy interested i will ship the car form here and the shipping cost is included in the price.I recently moved with my family and now we are in Birmingham,United Kingdom. Since I lost my job and I didn't found one here yet,I have to sell this car as soon as possible and due to the fact that this car is an US model the price to register it here is very high,also the shipping to this place, so I've decided to sell it in US at a price that will find a buyer in a few days .Car is in perfect shape. NO ACCIDENTS. NO DENTS. NO SCRATCHES.NO CRACKS. NO DAMAGE. Kept inside. It is in showroom condition. All service - on time.I have the title.

If you are still interested please let me know.

Thanks,
James

2: Hello,

This is the VIN Number: JH4NA1150PT000512.if have another question, give me a email.

Best regards

3: Hello,
If you want to see the car i will have to come to NY, but i don't want to make the trip unless i have a buyer for the car, so if you decide to buy the car i will come to NY and we can arrange a meeting or I can ship the car, but i will need the payment to be done before, as i don't want to make the trip in vain.I've said the car is in perfect mechanical and esthetically condition.As soon as the payment checks out I will take a plane to US and take care of things.i sen you the car to you it is'n nececesary to come to pick up the car.

For safety of this transaction we will use an escrow company.
Here are the steps of the deal :

1.The Seller will open the transaction
2.The buyer has to make the payment to escrwo Financial Department
3.The Seller will receive the confirmation that the payment is done
4.The seller will ship the item to the buyer and he has 5 days to test check it
5.The buyer will contact Escrow to tell them if he is satisfied or not
6.Escrow will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) and to the buyer(in case that he is not satisfied).

So,please wrote this email twice and let me know.I hope you agree with me,because I think that it is the best way to protect both(seller and buyer).
Just email me back and let me know

Thanks,
James

Sure, I'll send you $9,100 on your promise to ship the vehicle to me from Hamilton, NY.

Fraud on.

This is all quite funny to me. I decided to sell my g35 on autotrader just last week and ended up pulling the ad and getting my money back because the ONLY leads that I received were from scammers. I couldn't believe it, but every single lead I got was from some fool wanting to pay full price plus a premium for the car. They call these Nigerian Scams and there are a hundred different varieties.

It seems that autotrader is just a pillaging ground for these nigerians. I've had a couple friends have the same problem. Stay away from autotrader. Just my .02.

Back