NSX Fiesta in Japan - November

A group of us will be going to Fiesta in Japan in November and wanted to start planning early to take advantage of the best possible airfares and make plans for some additional sightseeing.

Here is Hirofumi's tentative schedule (beginning 11/16):

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1267304&postcount=104

The Don, Poohkie and I wanted to do a little extra sightseeing including the Temples in Kyoto which are scheduled for the same day as the Honda Factory Tour with the group. Considering the event ends Thanksgiving week, we were trying to see if anyone would be interested in joining us for a couple of extra days and see what scheduling works.

Two choices for adding additional days:

1. fly out saturday 11/13 and arrive 11/14 giving us Monday and Tuesday for sightseeing on our own before the actual group arrives

2. come back after thanksgiving (obviously not a great option for many but still a possibility and we figured we would throw that on the table since not everyone will want to add additional days/expenses).

Thoughts?

Anyone, anyone.....

Bueller.....Bueller.........

Bob,

Like option one...We'll probably never get to visit Japan again and we want to see as much as possible. I hate to miss the factory tour but we never got one in Marysville either.

The Don, Poohkie and I will be on the following Continental flights non-stop Newark/Tokyo-Narita (I wanted to book now to make sure I got my free ticket before all the frequent flyer seats are spoken for):

Depart:
11:10 a.m.
Sat., Nov. 13, 2010
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty)

Arrive:
3:10 p.m. +1 Day
Sun., Nov. 14, 2010
Tokyo, Japan (NRT - Narita) Travel Time:
14 hr 0 mn Flight: CO9
Aircraft: Boeing 777-200ER
Fare Class: Economy (KN)
Meal: Lunch

Depart:
5:45 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 23, 2010
Tokyo, Japan (NRT - Narita)

Arrive:
4:20 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 23, 2010
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Travel Time:
12 hr 35 mn Flight: CO8
Aircraft: Boeing 777-200ER
Fare Class: Economy (X)
Meal: Dinner

Although it is still far away, it will take quite a bit of planning to pull this off if we are going to be doing sightseeing away from the main group we figured we would start early.

Also, I have been contacted by another member who will be traveling solo and is interested in pairing up to save on expenses. As we get closer and people start making their reservations, please post if interested in sharing a room to save on expenses.

Last edited:
So far the following people already have tickets for the flights referenced above:

1. RSO 34
2. The Don
3. Poohkie
4. Peter Mills
5. The Lovely Sylvia Mills
6. TonyD

Back