NSX fantasy

I am/was a Mustang man & recently sold my modded '02 GT, but have always loved the '91 NSX since I was an early teenager (28 now). Now I am in love with Acura's period. I bought my wife an '05 MDX, I commute in a '99 RL...but I miss my sports car. I have been looking for a '91 NSX, but not sure about spending 20k+ for a 16yr old car. What will I be getting myself into? I'm a newlywed, the wife wants kids in next few years so I need to get my toys sooner than later. Also considering a muscle car, '67 Chevelle perhaps, but it's hard to find a nice turn-key car. Am I just dreaming or do you thing I can find the NSX of my dreams and not go broke. Someone school me please!

Follow your dream. You should be able to find a nice '91 for $20+ K, just be patient and you'll find. It will cost you less to maintain this +16 year old car than any other make/model (I'm speaking from experience as I have 88-91 vintage BMWs and Porsches). Godd luck in your search... you won't regret it when you buy that car of your dreams.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find someting nice forless than $25k-28k (I don't know how big your +s are.

Substitute revs for torque and carving corners for smoking rubber and you're in for a treat!

Before you get an NSX, make sure you test drive the car first. I have seen too many "gosh, i hate the NSX because it's slow" thread after they purchase the car.

The 91's has pretty much plateau its depreciation value. Buy it and then sell it after a year...don't be surprised you might come out positive LOL. hehehe. Make sure you read the FAQ section on purchasing an NSX.

My 92 NSX is infinitely more "drivable" than my 500+HP mussel car.:eek:
It is about as piratical as you can get in a true sports car.:smile:
It has something most high performance cars don't: dependability.:biggrin:

These are just my feelings based on my experiences.

Good Luck
Bob

NSX should stand for Can't Go Wrong, especially the early 91-93 model years as far as depreciation goes...I'm on my second one after selling my first one for $2500 more then I bought it for two years earlier...Sure I put some money into it with rims, shocks and maintenance, but anytime you can drive around your dream car for two years and then sell it for more then you paid for it, well....let's just say it's easy to get the OK from wifey for the next one....and I have two kids, so talk about impractical third toy, err I mean car:biggrin:

search the web listings everyday and be prepared to fly oneway to pick her up when you find her and don't forget a PPI....good luck:smile:

Back