NSX exhaust bolts

Good morning all,

So in the mist of the hot summer nights I wanted to attempt to replace my exhaust for the new one I purchased. I allowed the bolts to soak in PB Blast, but the connecting portion of the exhaust on the passenger side looks as if its melted together, the bolts no longer carry its "bolt" shape, rather it looks like a cone, I'm assuming its because of all the heat and the bolts rusted together. Anyone else had to deal with this? I'm guessing I will have to take of the catalytic converter shields and just cut the bolts off.

Good morning all,

So in the mist of the hot summer nights I wanted to attempt to replace my exhaust for the new one I purchased. I allowed the bolts to soak in PB Blast, but the connecting portion of the exhaust on the passenger side looks as if its melted together, the bolts no longer carry its "bolt" shape, rather it looks like a cone, I'm assuming its because of all the heat and the bolts rusted together. Anyone else had to deal with this? I'm guessing I will have to take of the catalytic converter shields and just cut the bolts off.

It's a common occurrence that the bolts corrode/seize etc. The bolts have to cut or drilled out. Replace with stainless steel nuts and bolts well coated with antiseize

Thanks JD Cross for your quick response.

By any chance does anyone know the specs of the bolts? That way I dont have to stop after I drop the exhaust to run to the store. Thanks!

Back