NSX Events in July and August (OK, AR, and KS owners)

Ladies and Gents,

For the July and August events, I have in mind an install/cookout event in July and a kart racing/cookout event in August. The install day would be for relatively simple installations (exhaust, NSX-R chassis bars, oil filter, etc) - during which we can eat and socialize. The kart racing/cookout event would be held at JRP Speedway (45 minute team race, 2+ drivers to a team, $50 each) sometime late August. We'd have a cookout afterwards as I'm sure we'll all be starving and have a strong desire discuss the race ("I would have had you but..."). Neither dates are set in stone and could be switched depending upon interest.

As usual, the local S2K owners will be invited as well. Please let me know your thoughts/input about either of the events and if they'd mesh (in general terms) with your schedule.

For reference, here's the kart track:
Kart_Track1.png

The kart you'll use:
0002708452959_215X215.jpg

And the kart I'll use:
5bb2_3.JPG

No worries Shawn. I'm pretty sure I can take you in the Jimmy Johnson go kart.:biggrin:

BTW, your kart looks to be compensating for something.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Its sounds like a lot of fun but I doubt I can make it.

Btw, Let me know if you are doing any DE's in Hallet this fall. I really want to try that track this fall or next spring.

No worries Shawn. I'm pretty sure I can take you in the Jimmy Johnson go kart.:biggrin:

Bring it! ;)

BTW, your kart looks to be compensating for something.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Stop projecting on me. ;)

Its sounds like a lot of fun but I doubt I can make it.

Btw, Let me know if you are doing any DE's in Hallet this fall. I really want to try that track this fall or next spring.

That sucks but please know you're more than welcome at any of our events. I'm going to try to make at least one Hallett event this fall but a new baby may make that a difficult proposition. I'll definitely let you know either way. PM me your contact info (if you haven't already) and I'll make sure to include you in any announcements.

Shawn,

Is the July 4th event still on? Let me know. Not sure if I will drive down there because I just looked at my front tires and they have significant wear on the inner corner. The local dealership realigned them about 3,000 miles ago when I had new tires put on and now I find this.

On the plus side, my rear tires have about 6Kmi on them and still look great! Previous owner said she only got about 6K-8K miles on the rear tires so the rear alignment helped out there.

Let me know,
Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I'm working on getting a working date for the wrenching party in late July. JRP has confirmed openings in August but I haven't rec'd a whole lot of feedback from the group about it yet.

As soon as I can get a relative consensus, I'll post the dates up.

Shawn,
I'm in for the cookout as well as the karting. Just let me know when you set a date. Remember, I won that kart race at Bondurant in Phoenix this spring so bring your 'A" game baby! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I really want to buy a TAG racing kart and do a little kart racing and also get my oldest son exposed to this as well.

Let me know if you need anyone's contact info - can't remember if I gave you the names of the guys I contacted for our last get together. Talk to you soon.

Shawn,

I'm interested in the install cookout, too. I need to resolve the latest issue with my NSX first. I just noticed some inside tire wear on the fronts (yes the fronts) with only 4 or 5K miles. Local dealership sold me the tires and did a street aligment to new factory specs because I heard the previous owner complaining about the rear tires wearing out after 6Kmi.

The dealership said they could improve tire wear by changing the camber. Good news, the rear tires probably have over 6Kmi and they look great. Bad news, the fronts (that should be able to reach 15Kmi) look much worse than the rear.

So, if I can get this fixed next week, I'll be up for heading down to Tulsa!

Later,
Shaun

From the respones I'm getting via email and this thread, general group availability is a tad slim.

How does this sound:

Karting/Install/Cookout Day
*Saturday, Sept. 1st.
*meet at JRP Speedway, 1pm.
*install/detail starts at 4pm.
*cookout starts at 5pm.
*potential cruise after?

Let me know what you guys think. I'd like to have at least 10-15 confirmed so I can let JRP Speedway know how many karts to have ready. And also planning for whole food thing.

Karting/Install/Cookout
1. Ponyboy
2. JulieU
3. Tory B.
4. Chip M.
5. Jonny

Last edited:
Julie, can you post it up on the S2K forum?

Last edited:
Shawn,

I'm pencilling your cookout in for Sept. 1st. Not sure if I can make it. I will skip the carting but am interested in the detailing and cookout. Mostly likely will skip the cruise as I will cruise back to Wichita.

-s

Hey Shaun,

That's totally fine. I'm pretty sure you'll want to stay for the event after the cookout. I'll let everyone know the details once everything is set next week. The specifics have changed slightly.

Back