NSX engine rebuilders and options

I am looking to get my engine rebuilt and very interested in the SOS custom FI stage 1 build. Before pulling the trigger I was looking for second opinions and other options for expreinced NSX engine builder preferrably on the east coast. Chris at SOS has always been helpful but cost and time of shipping both ways is leading me to look at other options. I am looking to have the engine rebuilt (new pistons, WP, TB, ARP head studs, COMEC headgaskets, and LMA), new hoses, clutch replaced, transmission checked (gasket leak), and potentially change the ECU. I am running the BBSC current with AEM FIC and thinking about changing that to the AEM infinity.

Are you going with forged pistons? It seems like with the 3.0l, you may as well since you don't need to sleeve the cylinders to do so. My rebuild was just the things you mention plus bearings and work to clean up the head. I was nervous about it but Ben and his engine builder did a great job. You will have to piecemeal the tuning and engine management though.

My tuner Jon Kerr, is outstanding. Xavier recommended him. I wish I would have talked to him before buying the FIC because he knows a number of EMS options that are better. He can do the Infinity.

I didn't find an equivalent to SOS or Shad anywhere around here.

Last edited:
Back