NSX Depreciation

• Thread starter Thread starter jmsc
  • Start date Start date
J

jmsc

Just saw advertised on this site a 2001 NSX 6sp with 3K miles. MSRP $88.8K SELLING $69.9K. That's a 21% depreciation over 1 year. I just sold a 1999 996 6sp with 6K miles. MSRP $69.0K SOLD for $56.0K. 19% depreciation over 4 years.

Why do NSX's depreciate so much? With so few being built every year you would think Acura dealers would have lines out the door at their showrooms.

That 2001 NSX could have been purchased new a year ago for as little as $70K. Many new NSX's were sold last year at prices in the seventies, even before the incentives that permitted that $70K price on the leftover 2001's. Of course, it's possible that the buyer paid full MSRP for the car, but highly unlikely.

If you do the math based on actual selling prices, and you don't use one isolated example for your calculations, you'll find that NSX's depreciate at roughly the same rate as Porsches.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 19 May 2002).]

Actually I got you beat.

I found this 2001 for 55k on autotrader

Darnit, copy the WHOLE thing, you can't click on it... UBB is screwing with it.

For the love of god, UBB is a @(#$@(#&$

Code:
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=88016064&dealer_id=&max_price=&start_year=1997&end_year=2003&address=30332&search_type=&make=ACURA&model=NSX&min_price  =&distance=any&advcd_on=n&advanced=n&first_record=51&=&color=&car_year=2001&ac_afflt=ATLANTACLASSIFIEDS.COM

For the record, UBB is a POS.

[This message has been edited by Rubber Chicken (edited 19 May 2002).]

Back