nsx debate on supra forums

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=150218&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

this gentlemen has a dilemma, he wants an nsx. What's the dilemma you ask? Very well reasoned argument, then we get to the responses! Some of my favourite negative ones;

"No trunk space!"

Hmm that space in the back must be a weight saving device.

"90-93 no potential"

Nup, useless race/track inspired design, what on earth would that be good for. (All JGTC teams now look confused)

"Not a race car"

Nah, thats why they used the Ford explorer as the template for the design, form over function they say ;)

"Not for those who have a need for speed"

Quite correct as we all know nsx's max out at 100km/h

"Looks quickly wear off on you"

Because a shaved chimpanzee in a bikini is infinitely more sexy, why else would i have a poster of one on my wall?

"An accord with torque"

Who'd have thought, someone would admit an NSX has torque!

"It does nothing very well"

I must disagree on this point, i think it collects dust rather well!

Thanks for the link. Unlike many of the posters I took the time to read all 7 pages. The opinions of the critics that have never driven/owned an NSX means nothing to me. IMO the only valid critic is the one who owned a 96-T for a year. I'd invite him to come here and share his experiences with other forum members, and find out why he found the car to be less than satisfactory.

BTW I cannot remember a single instance of an NSX owner contemplating the switch to a Supra since I've been here; that in itself speaks volumes. Thanks again for reminding me why this is one of the best forums available.

Merry Christmas to you.

Seriously, who gives a damn about what these Supra guys think? Sour grape is the problem. Since day one we have had trolls coming to the NSX forum to pick fights. Really there is no point to again bring us the link. I advice no one to open that link.
Steve

Supraforums.com is a blast to read, the people there make me feel like Einstein after spending 5 minutes there.

Its all opinions, all fun!

Just giving you a view of the other side of the fence! Now lighten up, go for a walk and get some fresh air, kiss some one you love (not the dog) There dont you feel better? :)

Happy post christmas phoen$x :)

Actually I read through that thread and thought is was very good overall. It is at least as objective as the discussion of most other sports cars on this forum. Of course there are a few "bashers" and useless comments from people who have never driven one, or only driven one around the block, but there were only a few such comments out of the 150+ messages in that thread.

Lud said:
Actually I read through that thread and thought is was very good overall. It is at least as objective as the discussion of most other sports cars on this forum.

Or some of the posts on this forum for that matter. Anyone who doesn't think that the Supra can be made into a very fast road-racer probably hasn't driven one set up for that or know much about what it takes. The fact that most of them find their way into the hands of drag enthusiasts doesn't diminish their potential. Certainly they are a very different beast than an NSX, but set up properly and in the right hands they will perform well enough that in any amateur event the winner will typically be determined by the driver, not the car. Remember the old line about the 911? You can't turn a pig into a racehorse, but you can make a damn fast pig.

The willingness to admit such things is part of what makes this forum different than most others.

Back