NSX Days Spa Francorchamps 04-05/09

Someone knows if the NSX Club cancelt Friday's practice?
I remember, last few years the track was open also at friday.

I saw that the training with Porsche (PCD) and Ferrari !!!
will start saturday at 8.30.

Which european NSX's will be there ?

I'll be there and will compete in the Trophy (with the engine of Guus inside).

Attachments

• engineguus_in_gerardnsx 006a.jpg
    engineguus_in_gerardnsx 006a.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 697
Did you look at Guus' NSX kilometer-indicator before removing the engine ?
I remember that Guus wrote about 250.000 km or nearly 300.000 kilometers, he droves with his NSX (engine).
Thats amazing.

I remember that his NSX was always into a real good condition,
into the same look as the old NSX-R (NA1)

Did Guus using the CT supercharger too ?

Hope to meet you at sunday in SPA/Francorchamps.

Procar Specials said:
Did you look at Guus' NSX kilometer-indicator before removing the engine ?
I remember that Guus wrote about 250.000 km or nearly 300.000 kilometers, he droves with his NSX (engine).
Thats amazing.

I remember that his NSX was always into a real good condition,
into the same look as the old NSX-R (NA1)

Did Guus using the CT supercharger too ?

Hope to meet you at sunday in SPA/Francorchamps.

Hi Detlef,

This engine did more than 300 km and is still running fine. Guus never used a Supercharger.

I'll see you at Spa and bring with me what I promised you.

Gerard

Hi Guys,

I'm attempting to do an article in NSX Driver about the NSX Days event and would love to ask some of the people that attended a few questions. Please PM/email me should you be able to help. In addition, as in any article, pics tell a thousand words, so any pics you could send over would be beneficial.

Thanks,
Shawn

hi all

so yesterday i have a look at my car , wheel layer replace and car is again super. Now I look out for the following weekend on spa.

hope we gone have a fun weekend en look for nice pic from nsx and spa.

greetings frank

:cool: We'll be there on saturday AND sunday, but I'm not racing my car on the track :rolleyes: it's too precious for me. We're trying to contact some Dutch and Belgian NSX drivers to take the trip together ... See y'all then !!
Greetz
Eric & Melina a.k.a.BlueEyes'NSX

The Procar Specials NSX will be there at sunday too.

I still have some special parts for sale:
NSX-R clutch system for NA1 750 Euro
NSX-R engine cover 1.000 Euro
NSX-R suspension 2.000 Euro
NSX-R red intake manifold cover 2pc 300 Euro
NSX performance brake kit (all)
4x rotors, calipers, adapters, pads
and brake lines 800 Euro
K&N airfilter (new) 80 Euro
adjustable camber kit front CT 220 Euro
SoS polished instrument cluster rings 210 Euro
european spec tail lamps 3pcs 500 Euro

Please ask, I still can bring that stuff with me.
Friday late afternoon I'm there too for one hour with my little truck.
Some NSX-R wheels and tires will find a new owner there.

Hope to meet you there
Procar Specials
Detlef

Seems that the whole event was a big joke.

The Honda guys couldnt do there races....only some free laps.
Nevertheless I hope that someone will post details about the reasons.

I wish that everyone who paid 800 Euros or more for this will get back the money. Good look.

Did someone posted or found pictures from this event ?
I saw a lot of people from the F&F generation. ;)

:confused: Indeed: the whole event was a big joke. NSX-days ???? the only cars on track were Ferrari's and Porsche's :mad: Only from time to time we saw Honda ITR's or NSX's (always nice to watch you racing, Gerard ;) )
I really want to know the reason and I'm really in doubt to participate in next years event !!
Luckely, there were 7 from our group "the F&F generation" (nsx.be) which had some great contacts with other NSX drivers from Luxemburg, Germany, Switserland and the Nederlands. Hope we can all meet in a better organised, more Honda NSX-minded event in the future !!!!
I'm really dissappointed, sad to see such a potentional event going to waste !
Greetz
E

With the F&F generation I meant all the Civic, CRX, ITR, Accord and
whatever models in the middle parking area.
This remembered me at the american meetings, also the cars looks very simular.

The guys from the belgian NSX club parked there NSX's in a row side by side,
a really nice view if you looked from the upper parking area.
It looked like a big meeting and that was the good thing.

The track event wasnt important for me as I heard that there is no Honda
Trophy.
Ferraris and Porsche I can see at each place at each time.

My first thought was:
I have to be a happy guy not being here with MJ and the racing NSX's to that
event. What a big time and money loose we could save at last.

I think its really time to get an official statement from the organisation and a doing better plan for next year with some guaranties, because SPA is one of best places for such an event.
It couldnt be that this event is 1 week after the F1 race.

A lot of people was busy to dismantle the additional things which are required for that race.
There should be race cars at the track at friday, no trucks with removed grand stands. Bummer.

Unfortunately for anyone that came on Sunday, they missed the Hondas driving on the Saturday. My black NSX was on the track on Saturday for every session it could be in. I didn't pay for Sunday, as the timings showed I wouldn't get much track time. This was a shame as a lot of cars went home, and I could of had track time on Sunday by myself.

I wonder though, how many the F&F people really go to see cars on the track.

I will need to have some confirmation that the event next year will be better organised, and more importantly return to being a HONDA event not other cars. The Porsches and Ferraris had private session on Saturday just for themselves, and the weekend is supposed to be NSXdays not FerrariDays!

I did enjoy what time I had driving on the track, my lap times have come down, and it was good to meet up with my Euro friends again.

Procar Specials said:
I think its really time to get an official statement from the organisation and a doing better plan for next year with some guaranties, because SPA is one of best places for such an event.

I wrote an E-mail to that organisation last year, saying I wanted to get some more info about how they work, what I must do to track my car... NOTHING!! I even visited them last year on the last free practrices of the year in Colmar. Only Didier Wuyts and his mechanic talked to me, probably because I am Belgian too. All the other ones didn't even saw me standing there. I went home with this feeling that they think they are better than us, owners, because they track the car... They showed "0" intrest in a newcommer. This feeling only got more intense when driving home from Spa-Francorchamps on sunday.

I you "tracking guys" feel attacked by this, just proof I'm wrong next event.

Bart, sorry to hear that you are feeling like this.

I know both sides, to be guest or pilote, and I can say that it makes a big difference if you have time for all or you do track the car.

If you do track the car, you dont will have much time for the things around,
surely you will do that experience by yourself one day.
So most racing people is busy with theirselfs and if you have questions, you have to ask them directly.
I know that there are a lot of helpful people ( I made this experience last few years too, if I needed tools, advices or something else) but you have to ask.

If we are there with the race cars next year, please come to us.
We will try to help you as good as we can and surely there are enough other people, who will do the same.
Dont worry about this.

If the guys from the event organisation will solve the other problems,
this will be the easiest thing.

Well, it doesn't seem like there's a lot of good thoughts about the event as a whole. Were there any redeeming qualities to NSX Days? Why wouldn't the event be focused no NSX's or Honda vehicles? :confused:

Bart Geerts said:
I even visited them last year on the last free practrices of the year in Colmar. Only Didier Wuyts and his mechanic talked to me, probably because I am Belgian too. All the other ones didn't even saw me standing there.

Oops - didn't we say hello to you that morning last year at anneau du Rhin? Of course we were busy unloading the trailer, preparing the car for the track (see what Procar Specials wrote, he's absolutely right), trying to repair an ABS failure so we had not that amouunt of time and patience for guests as we may should have had.

But during the breaks when we sat quietly on our chairs you would have had always the opportunity to talk to us (I'm talking of me, my girlfriend and my guests) - sometimes it's better not to wait until the other opens its mouth. Of course not everybody in the club speaks french, some don't even speak english.

And no: I don't think I'm a better person because I track my car. It's just that this go-fast-crack-pipe sometimes keeps me very busy and narrows my viewing horizon - there are times when I wouldn't even see Cindy Crawford when she's standing next to me...

Of course you're once again highly welcome at our last free training end of october at Anneau du Rhin - maybe you could drive some laps with your car too - there will be a special low price for this event.

BTW: Sorry to hear about your Spa experience - I can hardly believe that the reality was even worse than the schedule has already been (that's why I wasn't there). AFAIK this event is and was not organized by our club but by a belgian organisation.

I certainly will talk to anyone that comes and talks to me. Like Detlef and others have said, we can get pretty focused on the car to worry about anything else. However walk up to me with a helmet in your hand and ask for a ride and you will get one. I never say no. There were new people I met this year at Spa, one guy from Canada, who we spent a lot of time talking to. I offered him a ride as well even though he didn't ask for one. I am not there to race (yet) and so it doesn't affect me at all if I have a passenger.

I know it takes two people to start a conversation. Two years ago we came over from England not knowing anyone. The only person I did know was Mark Johnson. I felt like I was getting in the way, trying to talk to people, but now three years later and I think I have more friends.

My username on Prime is the same as my car registration, so its not hard to find me.

There's always a next year.

ps. I only speak English. ;)

Back