Nsx daily driver

How many people are DD the nsx. I DD my i8 and it's great for that. Wondering if nsx is the same?

Also if you put it in comfort mode on the highway is it quiet?. I forgot to do that on test drive as I was mainly in track mode.

Sometimes I like it to be quiet. Hopefully can get out of my i8 lease, so I can get an nsx

When I drove the nsx in quiet mode, all I heard was loud banging and thuds from the chassis. Out of quiet mode the chassis was rigid as rebar. The funny thing is, I seem to have been the only person who has mentioned it here publically.

I typically commute with it 2 days a week, about 68 miles round trip.

Great DD.

Very comfortable on the highway, really as ease as an Accord to drive once you get used to the width.

I have to be cautious about lane changes as there are some blind spot, so mostly I pass the car in the next lane and then know I have a clear space to enter.

I do and the car is very easy to drive. I have a 10mi commute and half of it is in stop and go traffic where I put in quite mode.

Jinks, I haven't noticed any of the noises you mentioned.

I do and the car is very easy to drive. I have a 10mi commute and half of it is in stop and go traffic where I put in quite mode.

Jinks, I haven't noticed any of the noises you mentioned.

Maybe it was just because Chris was tracking the shit out of his car. I do not know.

Having been a passenger several times I can see it as a great DD. It’s certainly not loud or ruff on the interstate. Also never heard anything jinks is talking about.

I dalily drove it for 4 months, Lexus quality comfort. Only fault I can think of is the window wind noise.

Technically all current sports car and super cars can be daily driven if you can live with the noise. NSX is quietest and most comfortable of all. You can drive it very fast discreetly.

I don't drive it daily (since I'm retired), but I drive mine as often as I can, and it makes a perfectly fine DD if you don't have any concerns parking it in public. Reasonably quiet and comfortable for a sports car, good stereo, and I'm averaging about 10.5 L/100km in mostly highway and backwoods driving. Forward visibility is fantastic and the side mirrors are quite wide so no real blind spots. Seats are very comfortable and the heated seat option is worth it.

The tires do make a bit of rumble and you definitely hear it over bumps and imperfections, but I think that is typical of any performance tires.

Last edited:
Back