NSX Concept 2 video 2

You guys know that if you go to the Acura Website you can click on the NSX and veiw the interior of the car in much greater detail than all these videos. Thought some of you might not know this. I was on there messing around this past weekend and noticed that.

I just noticed Honda might be giving subtle hints about performance for this car in their videos. If you notice at the 10 second mark of the video NSX69 posted, when the NSX is turned on the speedo reads 200 then drops to 0. If you look at the 1:38 second mark in the video the small text under the speed display is "mph". If this is a hint that the car will have a top speed of 200mph, then that gives us an idea of how much power the car will be making. We could assume it has a drag coeficient of around .3, since it has similar dimensions compared to the old NSX. That could imply that the car will have about 450hp+ to be able to achieve that top speed. The hyrbid version of the RLX, which is similar to what the NSX will have, is suppose to be 370hp+ with about 40hp from the transmission motor and 27 hp from the front motors. Could this mean that the V6 on the NSX will be making about 380hp+ then and similar electric motor power as the RLX. What do you guys think does it seem possible these are the future specs?

Last edited:
If it doesn't have a combined HP of 400+ then it will have a tough time selling. If it is truly a 200 mph car then it will have to have some serious "giddy up" and 450 hp would be a minimum. It's got a tall order to fill but if your standard Carrera S has 400 hp and won't do 200 well I'd say they better get jiggy with some more HP.

At some point don't they really have to get it out on the ring - I mean really what the heck is going on with Acura/Honda on that?

Back