nsx clutch?

Whats the best/cheapest place to get a nsx clutch replaced?
Is there a store to order an assembly online and do it yourself?
Any help appreciated
Thanks

Possible to do a nsx clutch yourself or take it to a local mechanic?
where can you buy the assembly online?
any advice?
thanks

Re: nsx clutch

Where do you live? YOu could then post the question in the regional forums and get replies specific to your area. As far the cheapest place to buy the OEM clutch online, that would be Dali Racing but you could also give Ciro a call at Delray Acura 561-265-0000 in the parts department and tell him Hugh sent you.

how much is the oem clutch assembly cost?
Anything different about the nsx clutch that any other sports cars?
thanks

What year is your car? The first-gen clutch and pressure plate kits can be purchased for right around $1200.00. Labor to install it should be just around $700 to $800. Later years are more. I have a '93 so that's what I'm familiar with. The "search" feature should net you more results.

By the way, the original OEM clutch in my car lasted 130,000 miles. I didn't even consider an aftermarket offering with reliability like that.

Replacing an NSX clutch is not an easy job. It takes a full day (sometimes more) for a professional mechanic who has already done one before. Feel free to look in the service manual to see what's involved. If you think you can handle it, by all means do so. Otherwise, you might want to find out who is the most experienced NSX mechanic in your area.

Hugh said:
As far the cheapest place to buy the OEM clutch online, that would be (NAME OF FRAUDULENT AFTERMARKET VENDOR DELETED) but you could also give Ciro a call at Delray Acura 561-265-0000 in the parts department and tell him Hugh sent you.
You might want to use the search function on this site to view experience reports from previous buyers, and research iTrader ratings on this site, before dealing with vendors. Delray is reputable, and there are other dealerships who specialize in discount parts. Some dealers give healthy discounts to members of the NSX Club of America.

Back