• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Club For Canadians

Hi Everyone.

Well on Saturday Arshad, Stu, Nathan, Dave and I got together at Stu's beautiful home and hammered out the details of the "nsxclub.ca".

We will be forwarding a letter of intent to the NSXCA to be recognized as a chapter, but here are some initial details of what's coming.

1. We are forming the club/chapter as we felt the Northeast Region of NSXCA was unable to represent our interests adequately. This may be due to distance or other factors.

2. I have already contacted the NSXCA to get a list of all members/owners past and present so we can let everyone know about our existence.

3. A website is being created as we speak -- nsxclub.ca --- with links to the Canadian forum on nsxprime.com to keep everyone up to date on events, discounts and other info. We'll have contact info, general info, an event calendar, discounts and affiliates. There will also be a link to the NSXCA's website.

4. We have started work on several benefits to membership including:
a. Tech demos from Allen (a master NSX tech at Erin Mills Acura)
b. Track days - these will likely be piggybacked on other events to begin with such as the BMW Trillium club or the F-Car Green run group
c. Dealer discounts
d. Speedstar discount (a high end aftermarket parts supplier)
e. Rubber and Wheel discounts
f. Social Events (the first is coming soon!)
g. Group Drives (Arshad's got the first one planned for June 10th)

5. We will be asking for a nominal membership fee of $20 (onetime) to get things up and running and to pay for overages incurred by the club etc. As we finalize details with the NSXCA this may be revisitted.

As it stands now membership in the NSXCA won't be required unless a formal affiliation is formalized. However, it will of course be highly encouraged!

So we will have a two tiered fee structure. One for nsxclub.ca & NSXCA members and one for non-members.

6. We need to know who's interested!!!
There's over 100 cars in Ontario & Quebec alone, so get in touch with us. Please send your email address to [email protected] and we'll contact you personally with more details as they arise.

Last edited:
In and emal sent! :cool:
(and I just paid my dues to NSXCA too last week).
:biggrin:

Just ran into another new prospective member on my way home from work. He has a beautiful midnight pearl 95-T. This is where having business cards with URL's would have been handy :) He seemed excited at the prospect of having a local NSX club that would help extend discounts and organize events, and I pointed him to NSXprime.com. Hopefully he'll come on and introduce himself!

Guys, This is a great start to "The NSXCA". I'm in, just let me know the details and if I can help in anyway.

Bram

swbatte said:
Hi Everyone.

Well on Saturday Arshad, Stu, Nathan, Dave and I got together at Stu's beautiful home and hammered out the details of the "nsxclub.ca".

We will be forwarding a letter of intent to the NSXCA to be recognized as a chapter, but here are some initial details of what's coming.

1. We are forming the club/chapter as we felt the Northeast Region of NSXCA was unable to represent our interests adequately. This may be due to distance or other factors.

2. I have already contacted the NSXCA to get a list of all members/owners past and present so we can let everyone know about our existence.

3. A website is being created as we speak -- nsxclub.ca --- with links to the Canadian forum on nsxprime.com to keep everyone up to date on events, discounts and other info. We'll have contact info, general info, an event calendar, discounts and affiliates. There will also be a link to the NSXCA's website.

4. We have started work on several benefits to membership including:
a. Tech demos from Allen (a master NSX tech at Erin Mills Acura)
b. Track days - these will likely be piggybacked on other events to begin with such as the BMW Trillium club or the F-Car Green run group
c. Dealer discounts
d. Speedstar discount (a high end aftermarket parts supplier)
e. Rubber and Wheel discounts
f. Social Events (the first is coming soon!)
g. Group Drives (Arshad's got the first one planned for June 10th)

5. We will be asking for a nominal membership fee of $20 (onetime) to get things up and running and to pay for overages incurred by the club etc. As we finalize details with the NSXCA this may be revisitted.

As it stands now membership in the NSXCA won't be required unless a formal affiliation is formalized. However, it will of course be highly encouraged!

So we will have a two tiered fee structure. One for nsxclub.ca & NSXCA members and one for non-members.

6. We need to know who's interested!!!
There's over 100 cars in Ontario & Quebec alone, so get in touch with us. Please send your email address to [email protected] and we'll contact you personally with more details as they arise.

Good on you!

Is this open only to our brothers from the East? I realize it would be difficult to organize across the country with such a small population of NSX owners. :frown: Just wondering because the title says NSX Club for Canadians.

Anyone can join. We openned it up to all Canadians so that you could benefit from Vendor, and dealer discounts and if you would like you could participate in events as well.

The events will be focussed on Ontario/Quebec due to the number of owners and proximity of the tracks, but maybe our Western brothers would like to organize an event or two of their own. We would be happy to post it on our site and spread the word if you did.

swbatte said:
Anyone can join. We openned it up to all Canadians so that you could benefit from Vendor, and dealer discounts and if you would like you could participate in events as well.

The events will be focussed on Ontario/Quebec due to the number of owners and proximity of the tracks, but maybe our Western brothers would like to organize an event or two of their own. We would be happy to post it on our site and spread the word if you did.

Also, since the "founders" of this are all East, we have an eastern focus, why not put together a Western Founding group and do West too?

We can give you space on the Web site as well as access to all of the relevant NSX stuff we have and will do - Its just that the current group putting this together has enough to focus on without thinking of West so you may need to bolster it with other "western centric" things like local meets, local tech days, local Acura Dealer incentives, etc.

Back