• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Climate Control Unit Repair New Lower Price

Brian, sorry to bother again, did you have time tackle the a/c kicking in by itself problem? I mentioned it last year, and at the time you said your car does that sometime and you don't really have time fixing it.

Mine does it once a while. and when it happen, even though the ccu does beep and display a/c on and a/c off, the a/c just keep kicking in. Usually, shutting off the car and re start it will get the a/c working normally.

I don't drive with A/C, (maybe only 3-4 times a year), so this bugs me big time. Please let me know. thanks.

Brian,

I think I may need one as it only blows on full blast. However, I also have a random clicking sound coming from behind the dash every once in a while. When I turn the climate control completely off it stops.

If this sound like your fix will help I'm ready to order. Just need to sit down and figure out how to get the old one out.

NSXDreamer2 said:
Brian, sorry to bother again, did you have time tackle the a/c kicking in by itself problem? I mentioned it last year, and at the time you said your car does that sometime and you don't really have time fixing it.

Mine does it once a while. and when it happen, even though the ccu does beep and display a/c on and a/c off, the a/c just keep kicking in. Usually, shutting off the car and re start it will get the a/c working normally.

I don't drive with A/C, (maybe only 3-4 times a year), so this bugs me big time. Please let me know. thanks.

mine does the same....even after i had a new compressor installed this year. I don't believe its the climate control unit though because It once did it when I didn't even have the ccu hooked up. I also swapped a/c relays. No change. Its sporadic and doesn't do it much so I haven't made a big issue out of finding the source.

Here is my old thread on this.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54733&highlight=a/c

I am not 100% sure but I believe the problem is in the connection to the fan control unit. It does not happen consistently enough to really trouble shoot. The best thing to do is unplug and plug in the connector on the fan control unit to refresh the connections.

Briank said:
I am not 100% sure but I believe the problem is in the connection to the fan control unit. It does not happen consistently enough to really trouble shoot. The best thing to do is unplug and plug in the connector on the fan control unit to refresh the connections.

Is the "fan control unit" the same as the "climate control unit".
If so, mine has done this even when the ccu wasn't plugged in.

Brian,

This hasn't affected me yet... But it has to one or two in our community down under in Australia.

In Australia, we use the SI system to measure temperature, same as Japan. As such out climate control is in deg. celsius.

Would your fix work on a climate control board that reads in Celsius?

I know that you work on an exchange basis but obvoiusly that would not work in this case. So how long (if you can do it at all) does the repair take?

Cheers Brian.

The repair is the same on either style unit so I would have no problem fixing the ccu from down under. I did "NSXBOX's" unit when he was in the states for NSXPO last year. My turn around time is normally 2 -4 days.

page 22-9 & 22-51 of the service manual points to the fan control units location. Thanks Briank for the info. I just reseated mine. Will see if that makes a difference. Its a pricey part if thats the culprit. Around $200 from my local acura, $ 173 from niello with club discount.

Here's a pic of the part.

Attachments

• DSC02096.JPG
    DSC02096.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,642
Last edited:
Re AU NSX, Brian did mine, perfect job! I just sent him the CCU card which saved on postage. Quick turn around, about 2 weeks including post there and back.

Cheers,
Scott

Hi Briank,

I've had a problem since picking up my '02 NSX a couple months ago. It seems like my car thinks it's always 88 degrees.
I tried putting it through the diagnostics at the following link and during the functional check it shows the "Temperature shown"
at 88...even though it was low 70s:
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_the_Climate_Control_System

The only way to get the heat to work in auto mode is to turn the temp setting all the way to the right - 90 degrees. Otherwise, it keeps trying to chill the car even if I have it set at 75 and the actual temp is already in the 60s.

Is this an appropriate situation to pull the control board and send to you?

Last edited:
To clarify - I have plenty of heat when I simply turn the auto temp to its upper limit of 90. I have A/C at everything else from 64 to 88. It seems that there is a malfunction to regulate the temperature at, for example, 75.

Sounds like you have no heat, first place I would look would be a air bubble in the heater core there is a bleeder on the line. Then check to make sure the heater valve is moving.

The asprator fan has a sensor that measures the temp inside the car do you have it blocked or a modified console with out an opening for it. In the normal operation of the climate control the AC does run most of the time to keep the humidity levels in the car down.

i have noticed that there's a lot of crud around the aspirator fan. looks like i'm opening the console on my next day off to check this out.

The asprator fan has a sensor that measures the temp inside the car do you have it blocked or a modified console with out an opening for it. In the normal operation of the climate control the AC does run most of the time to keep the humidity levels in the car down.

Hi Brian,
my AC blows cold randomly, even when driving down the road at a steady pace. Would this be a candidate for a CCU rebuild? are you still charging $125.
Thanks for your time,

-Mark

Back