• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX becoming hard to find..

Is it my imagination but are NSX's getting harder than every to find. I just did a search on ebay and there are only 6 private seller cars available in the entire USA.

Not 2002+ :smile:

For 02+, I found a total of 6 unique vehicles if you add up Ebay, cars.com, and Autotrader. That's not much choice at all. Maybe a couple more in Prime marketplace but that's not really advertised to a national audience.

I like the way that trend is going... I'm thinking mine might be one of those '02 cars in the marketplace soon :eek: I know I'll regret it, I've read it so many times.

well that is a different story... but keep in mind 02+ is rare due to LACK OF INTEREST causing poor sales.

well that is a different story... but keep in mind 02+ is rare due to LACK OF INTEREST causing poor sales.

...and the economy took a dump when the dot com bubble burst 00/01

probably were some seriously bruised wallets right around then which added to the slow sales numbers

You can't buy an NSX like a Ford Fiesta. It takes, research, patience, knowledge and effort on your part to buy the car you want. I shopped for about a year before buying mine.

There are always more cars for sale during the summer.

I think it may have to do with the new NSX model that was recently unveiled .. The dealer told me price will be $170k, which can may ours a bargain, and I think owners are hanging onto their vintage NSX's right now..

as the story goes i have no doubt that as time goes by the chances of finding a good shape nsx will probably be diminished. But as another poster has said just now ...looking for an nsx if your picky will take time and patience ...and thats where the fun lies lol unless your really impatient and gotta have it now...

Na2 are rare birds, in fact, try to find 97-01 Na2's .. you will be surprised, all I see is 91-96's ---- 02-05's for Sale, RARELY any 97-01 ...

Na2 are rare birds, in fact, try to find 97-01 Na2's .. you will be surprised, all I see is 91-96's ---- 02-05's for Sale, RARELY any 97-01 ...

My search was strictly for a 97-01 and it was brutal. Things are not going to get any easier either.

I noticed the same thing. I was trying to put a value on my car because for a brief moment I was thinking about even trading for a pretty close to new porsche cayman, but there was only something like like 6-7 NSXs in the entire united states in the ~97-99 year range and zero with high miles.

I know what your saying,

I am thinking I am not gonna sell my 2004,

I already sold the 2002 that I am currently building

and I dont think I could ever sell my first NSX my 1992.

now if someone came along with a huge case of cash I may change my mind.

if no-one sells their NSX for 1 year, the demand/ lusting for them will be so great we could pull in triple for what the car is worth now.

lets all ban together and stop the sales of our NSX's it will benifit all of us.

seriously....:wink:

My search was strictly for a 97-01 and it was brutal. Things are not going to get any easier either.

I have the 00' BBlk Targa, if the price is right i will let it go, if not this baby is here to stay for a very very long time..Timeless1 :smile:

I know what your saying,

I am thinking I am not gonna sell my 2004,

I already sold the 2002 that I am currently building

and I dont think I could ever sell my first NSX my 1992.

now if someone came along with a huge case of cash I may change my mind.

if no-one sells their NSX for 1 year, the demand/ lusting for them will be so great we could pull in triple for what the car is worth now.

lets all ban together and stop the sales of our NSX's it will benifit all of us.

seriously....:wink:

I dig this thread! Lets see how many people/members will ban with us.

Last edited:
I dig this thread! Lets see how many people will ban with us.

I'm in. It almost seems like 02-05 values have plateaued. I could be wrong and maybe they will fall into the upper 30K/40Ks but right now there's no evidence of it. Prices look exactly the same as they did 3.5 years ago when I was in the hunt. Maybe just not enough produced to allow a significant depreciation.

I think it may have to do with the new NSX model that was recently unveiled .. The dealer told me price will be $170k, which can may ours a bargain, and I think owners are hanging onto their vintage NSX's right now..

You can get a pretty special new Porsche 991 911 for $125k...the NSX is already showing signs of poor sales unless Acura pulls the rabbit out of the hat (performance figures)

I'm in. It almost seems like 02-05 values have plateaued. I could be wrong and maybe they will fall into the upper 30K/40Ks but right now there's no evidence of it. Prices look exactly the same as they did 3.5 years ago when I was in the hunt. Maybe just not enough produced to allow a significant depreciation.

Honestly, I don't think they have depreciated at all. As long as you keep them maintained and the miles at a reasonable amount. It almost looks like even 91's have a threshold point that they really don't go below either.

You can get a pretty special new Porsche 991 911 for $125k...the NSX is already showing signs of poor sales unless Acura pulls the rabbit out of the hat (performance figures)

Beyond the fact that they can play the low cost of ownership card, it will be really hard to compete with everything else selling for $130k IMO.

Last edited:
In my opinion the early 91-94 NSX's have been at the same basic price for a long time.

in 2001 I bought my first one for 26,000 ( I still have the cleared check I wrote for it :) )
It was a 1991 red/black with 99k miles. Maintained. needed nothing.

I sold it 3 years later with 117k miles for 27500.

Even today a great condition 91 with 99k will still do 26k easy. If condition was the same as my original one.

I have sold 20 of these cars since 2007 and still think they are one of the best purchases anyone can make. You will never lose money unless you run a ton of miles or beat it to death.

I like the way that trend is going... I'm thinking mine might be one of those '02 cars in the marketplace soon :eek: I know I'll regret it, I've read it so many times.

I'm leaning that way with you Sunedaz, but I want to find a replacement:eek:
Maybe 2 for sale in the metro atlanta area? 02/03 models

Last edited:
Back