NSX badges - front and rear

Still looking for my first NSX. The more I learn the more I realize there is more to learn

Looking at a 1991 NSX our of North Carolina that has a honda (instead of acura symbol) badge on the nose, an NSX in the center taillight (instead of a c u r a) and an acura emboss on the SRS cover for the steering wheel. clean carfax

As I look at others, all have acura badges.

Any comments and discussion is helpful as I continue to learn

Thanks - Preston

NSX-looking
1970 Mach 1 - blue 351-shaker - concours trailered
1970 Mach 1 - gold driver
F250 Truck - tow vehicle
Volvo V70 turbo sleeper car - BMW eater :)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "5"); //--> </SCRIPT>
2006 Subaru wagon (family mtn snowmobile)

They basically went the JDM route and put the H symbol up front. As for the rear the most likely stuck it in an oven to melt the glue, took it apart and swapped out the a c u r a letters for N S X. Easily reversible, the front emblem is like $21 and the back center pc is like $120.

All easy to reverse badging. A lot of people (incl me), can't stand the Acura badging that came with the car since it is a Honda everywhere else in the world. Acura never won an F1 title.

The early cars had a cheap vinyl decal in the rear centre tail light. Most guys baked the rear section to soften the glue and replaced the Acura with NSX or a Honda H. Steering wheels are harder to replace so most guys left it. Ive replaced my school bus oem wheel with an OMP. 8)

Posted from my iPhone

Ok, how do u remove the front emblem on the early nsx? 93. Are there studs holding the emblem down or just glue?

the badge itself has 2 pins that are used to line/ center the badge.

Honda drilled 2 holes for these pins into the bumper for the badge.

when removing you need to use a flathead screwdriver to pry up a corner of the old badge, once you have it lifted a little use a razorblade to slowly cut the 3M doublesided tape

once the badge if off there will be some 3m tape left stuck to the paint.
I use my thumb and rub the tape intill it makes little balls out of itself.and your done.

now installing the new badge first test fit to see how it going to fit.( dont peel the sticker off the back of the badge yet.)

clean and wax that part of the bumper before you stick the new badge on.

line the pins into the holes on the bumper, looks good? ok peel the back off of the sticker, insert the pins and press down and your done.

Some of us went even further and removed anything that had a resemblance to Acura. I removed the tape deck door and switched the airbag to a OEM Honda airbag.

It's really no big

Try to mimic oscars with the flat black emblems, looks pretty good

Some of us went even further and removed anything that had a resemblance to Acura. I removed the tape deck door and switched the airbag to a OEM Honda airbag.

It's really no big

ooooo... the Momo wheel killed the steering wheel issue, but I like the OEM Honda airbag switch! Great attention to detail.

And the tape deck door! That's awesome as well. I never really thought of that. Did you replace it?

ooooo... the Momo wheel killed the steering wheel issue, but I like the OEM Honda airbag switch! Great attention to detail.

And the tape deck door! That's awesome as well. I never really thought of that. Did you replace it?

Very easy. I put a piece of black vinyl on it. No more Acura. :)

Back