NSX + babies?

How many of you guys bought your NSX AFTER you had a new baby?

I would love to own this car, being a long-time Honda fan, but having a family basically means that the NSX would be a third car for me.

What are your experiences?

high_rpm said:
How many of you guys bought your NSX AFTER you had a new baby?

I would love to own this car, being a long-time Honda fan, but having a family basically means that the NSX would be a third car for me.

What are your experiences?

Not really after the baby was born, but after conception:D We did know we were expecting our child before I actually took delivery of the car. Right now we use my wifes RX330 for most of the family matters and I'm going to pick up another car for my daily beater soon. I do still strap the car seat in the NSX though if I'm with the baby myself. My NSX is a 92 with no passanger airbag for those people that are worried about that.

Last edited:
I bought mine when my first child was 4 months old. It was our third vehicle, so the family car issue wasn't really a big deal. My wife fully supported me just because she knew how much I lusted after the NSX, although I did get a lot of flak from other 'friends' and family members. Whatever. I don't regret my decision for a second. Today I've got 3 kids, and we use an MDX to get the family around, with the NSX as my daily driver during the summer (I have a third as my dedicated winter vehicle). As long as you have at least one other vehicle for the family, I don't see what the problem is in owning a 2-seater. There are always going to be nay-sayers -- ignore 'em. As long as your wife supports your decision, that's the only thing that matters.

I bought mine when my boy was 14 months, so getting a 91-92 was my only choice of course(oh well, not much change in 13 years and much more affordable:D )...I still have a couple other cars for family trips and such, but it is nice to be able to take the little guy with me in the X once in awhile.....He loves it:D

Back