Nsx Auto With Shifter Or 6psd

Automatics are about 9 percent of total sales. If you are selling an automatic, you might need to sell it for slightly lower than a manual, particularly if you need to sell it quickly. If you are buying an automatic, you might need to buy it for slightly more than a manual, particularly if you are looking for a particular color, mileage, etc.

My advice: If you prefer an automatic, buy an automatic. If you prefer a manual, buy a manual. Don't worry about resale value, and don't buy one over the other because you found one at a bargain price.

Check out some of the other threads on autos. Opinions vary greatly. I drive an auto competitively. I'm really hard on it. Had it not been for the girlfriend/wife factor i would have bought a manual. But i have more than learned to live with my auto. In fact I love it.

If you take the time to learn driving an auto, you get to dip into both worlds. Aggressive as hell slamming gears and then kick-back with the Starbucks for the drive home.

Will you someday blow the tranny from driving hard? Yes. And someday your friends driving sticks will blow their clutch driving hard as well.

As nsxtasy said, decide what you want and get it. You can make any choice work.

t

Wow, buy an auto so your girlfriend or wife can drive it.....you guys live on the edge.

My wife can drive any six speed she gets into. She has been driving manual transmsiions her whole life and had not driven an automatic until I bought one to commute in.

I dare say she drives six speeds better than most guys that I have ridden with in manual transmissions, and probably better than me too. Just thought I would defend her driving skills. Man you oughta see the looks she gets when driving the NSX with the T-top off and me in the passenger seat - guys look at her like what is she doing driving that car?????

Then they get into their huge, rude SUV's that throw debris up behind them with their oversized wheels and of course take up 2 parking stalls when they park because they can't drive to begin with or simply just don't care to be considerate to begin with.

Don't get me started on SUV drivers......(I know some are good, but most seem to be bad.)

yippykyeh said:
HOW MANY AUTOS ARE THERE OUT THERE IN COMPARISON WITH 6SPDS? I ALWAYS SEE MANUALS. I KNOW AFTER 97 290HP WITH SIX SPD. ARE THE VALUES HIGHER FOR AUTOS BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE SCARCE?

Only '95+ have the sport-shift automatic.

Well, I have owned both autos and manuals, and I will say that the manual transmission on the NSX is the best manual I have ever had. The transmission is perfect. Also, you lose 20 hp on '97+ models if you get the auto since the auto comes with the 3.0 and not the 3.2 liter engine.

I'm sure the auto is still a great car -- any NSX is for that matter. But if you are unsure, definately take a manual for a test drive before you decide.

Eric5273 said:
you lose 20 hp on '97+ models if you get the auto since the auto comes with the 3.0 and not the 3.2 liter engine.

Actually, you lose 38HP compared to the 97+. Auto is 252HP, 6-speed is 290.

Eric5273 said:
Well, I have owned both autos and manuals, and I will say that the manual transmission on the NSX is the best manual I have ever had. The transmission is perfect.

I can't call the transmission in my '95 NSX perfect. It's a little crunchy going into 2nd in the winter before it warms up. (I don't mean in a severe winter even--this happens already at 40 degrees F.) I've been told this is not unusual. It's a minor point, but it is readily noticeable. I've had an MR2 and an Integra, and neither of those car's trannies did that.

Back