NSX as daily driver???

Guys - I posted this in the NW region too to get local perspective - but wanted to hear from a larger audience as well. Admin - feel free to move/ adjust as necessary.

reetings All - question for you.

I am looking at the next company vehicle. I have owned a variety of performance vehicles in the past, but never an NSX. My choices are narrowed down to a new STI, used 993, used NSX.

The STI, from an everyday driveability standpoint, in our climate and from a capacity standpoint, makes the most sense and my CPA would prefer that option. I can live and work wherever - and drive maybe 3 x per week. I have a 4Runner and Outback for truly heinous weather and to leave at the airport, but my attitude has always been that a ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships were made for - if I can't enjoy it due to weather I don't want to own it. If I purchased an NSX it would be driven in all but snow and ice.

So, from your standpoint, that period of year when it drizzles from Oct - May, pulling into a parking lot for a Starbuck's, occasional slush on the passes, day-in and day-out, etc. - NXS - go or no go?

Do not be afraid of a little bit of snow...you just need the right tires. :cool:

447794_NSX_Dec_8_2005_snow_front_pass_side_Indy_.jpg

Absolutely.

Does your CPA know anything about depreciation? The 993 and the NSX have stopped depreciating and will continue to hold value. If anything, they are likely to appreciate.

You can drive an NSX or 993 for 5 years and it will still be worth what you paid. The Sti will probably be worth 50-60% of its cost in five years. If you only had one car, my recommendation might be different, but you have other vehicles for bad weather.

I don't daily drive mine, but I put on 10,000 miles per year. I don't drive in the snow, although I have in a pinch to get to the dealership.

If I purchased an NSX it would be driven in all but snow and ice.

Thats what mine does. I put 15,000 miles a year on it. The only days I don't drive it is during the winter when they're calling for snow. During the winter I have a second set of wheels with ultra high performance snow tires mounted *just in case* I get caught in snow, but I have an old truck for snow duty.

You can difinitely drive the X in winter. I live in northern AB and it gets to -40 C and I still drive it. The biggest problem is keeping the car clean because it's hard to see or own a dirty NSX. Also you need winter tires like Blizzaks and 45 lb weight in the trunk and your set.

Back