NSX Arrived

After looking for months and getting advice from NSX Prime members, I bought a silver 2004 with 24,000 miles. I ordered last Friday from a Minnesota dealer and the car arrived Wednesday, but without the temporary tags, so it has been sitting in my garage for two days. The tags arrived this morning and I drove to Charlie at Car Doctor, our local NSX expert mechanic. He inspected the car and said it was in great shape. There is moisture in the tail lights, so I have to get new gaskets put in, but otherwise the car is fine.

I'm still learning the car, but what a joy it was to get it out on the highway today. It accelerates and corners like a dream. I've owned an Acura since 1988 (first a Legend, now a TL), but nothing that handles like this car.

I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of newbie questions over the coming months, but right now, I'm just thrilled to be an NSX owner. Thanks to all of you who gave me advice leading up to the purchase.

I've tried to attach a few pictures of the car in the driveway and one in the garage. Hope this works.

Attachments

• 100_1911.jpg
    100_1911.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_1912.jpg
    100_1912.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 100_1913.jpg
    100_1913.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_1916.jpg
    100_1916.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 200
Congratulations. Where are you located? I assume not in Minnesota since you had the car shipped. Drive safe.:smile:

Congrats and welcome!!!

nice, my 1 yr anniv is near and your story brings up memories from last year.....ENJOY

Congratulations! :cool: I miss my SilverStone... :frown:

NICE!!! Beautyful car, congrad, we all know the feeling when we bought our nsx home, what a feeling it is. Very nice house, seems very quiet and peaceful.

anesthesia

Beautiful back yard you got there. I love the country. You know there are usually some nice twisty roads in the country!:wink: Welcome.

I live in Manassas, VA, so the car had to travel a long way from Rochester, Minnesota. I was nervous about the trip, but it cost a lot less to ship than to fly up and drive back. As it turned out, the driver had twenty five years experience delivering cars. He used to work for General Motors. The shipping company was Run-N-Hard and I would recommend them. However, you have to pay cash, and they don't deliver to your door; the trucks are too big to take into residential areas. He found a parking lot a mile or so from our house. The dealer I bought from, Park Place Motors, was also very responsive to requests. The only snafu was the dealer tags, which were delayed by two days.

I noticed that IDHITIT is from Salt Lake City. I have family there and travel out most years for a family reunion. Next year, I plan to drive (big smile.)

great buy, your buy makes me feel more confident buying from a far off location......actually ironically i sent a email about that exact car and the next day the dealer said they just sold it. Lucky you. If you dont mind i think they were asking like 51xxx for it, what did you get it out the door for. Pm me if you dont want to share because any day hopefully nissan will buy mine back and i will buy a nsx the next day, except i may be flying from cali all the way to the east coast to drive it home:)

regardless of the final selling price if the car is a 04 with 24k miles listed at $51k anything below that is a good deal! Congrats OP!:smile:

Back