NSX 2013 Ferry trip?

Hi,

We have been asked about how good the access is onto the Ferry from Melbourne to Tassie. The owner is keen to come on the 2013 run but has a lowered car and as we know the standard ones are low anyway especially with the rubber skirt in place.

Anyone had experience on the ferry?

I would think clearance is fine on those bigger boats. (the ones O/S are nearly flat drive on/off)
This is a photo of the ramp and it looks fine to me http://www.travelblog.org/Oceania/Australia/Victoria/Box-Hill/blog-479981.html

The response to this run has been great with 20+ NSX's coming already, however we need your deposits ASAP.

Chexk out the other thread for details.

Cheers,
Scott
<!-- / message -->

I have had my NSX on the Ferry to & From Tasmania. At the Time i had a Wings West front Lip & Marga Hills side skirts & the car is about 3" off the ground.

Access will depend on what the Tide is & what level they decide to put you on.

The first time they put me on the Same level as the Trucks & i drove straight on & drove straight off.
The 2nd time I had to go to up the ramp to the higher level, I had to take it pretty slow but made it without scraping anything.

Thanks for the info whrdnsx,

I am sure we can organise to get the cars on the flat approach floor/level/deck which should keep us all happy.

The trip will be worth the drive down......promise!

Did you get my email re additional benefits for the interstate attendees?

Would love to go for this , long ways for us tho.

Are you thinking of going Wayne ?

I won't be able to go, I already had 2 overseas trips booked for this year so not in the budget.

But I used to live in Tasmania so I have already experienced all the good roads & the race tracks. Symmons Plains is a little boring, all power & brakes. Baskerville is the challenging circuit & would be my choice of track.

Back