• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 1st Gen VTEC Solenoid (Spool Valve) Gasket Replacement

I am currently replacing the rear VTEC Solenoid (Spool Valve) Gasket on my 1991 NSX and I am having a real issue with removing 2 of the 3 - 10mm bolts, it feels like a impact wrench was used to tighten? Does anyone have any suggestions with tools or techniques I should use? I would use my big impact wrench but it way to big to fit down there?

Attachments

• IMG_20240702_065852.jpg
    IMG_20240702_065852.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 4
If its the solenoid on the rear bank its just tight and difficult to get leverage there.You may need to use extensions and wobble extensions to get the ratchet back further where you can put some more leverage on them. They are not on with many foot pounds maybe 7 or 8 but if original and never been taken off before they will be a bit tight.

If its the solenoid on the rear bank its just tight and difficult to get leverage there.You may need to use extensions and wobble extensions to get the ratchet back further where you can put some more leverage on them. They are not on with many foot pounds maybe 7 or 8 but if original and never been taken off before they will be a bit tight.
Thanks, I finally got the other 2x 10mm bolts off and they were as much of a pain as the first one. I noticed that the VTEC Solenoid electrical harness (single) wire is barely still on and the wire is very thin I am going to de-pin the terminal connection and replace it with a new wire.

Back