NSX 1:18 dies-cast model by MotorWorks

Just got a 1:18 2002 NSX by MotorWorks at Wal-Mart for $9.97 if anyone'z into that type of things.

38568MotorWorksNSX.jpg

These things are freaking hard to find! I went to 5 different Walmarts, and while there were plenty of other models by this manufacturer, I was only able to find 2 NSXs from 2 different stores. The box says Motorworks, but the tape on the car says Motor Max...go figure. It's made exclusively for Walmart, according to the information on the bottom of the box. It's priced about the same as the Revell NSX models that were sold at Walmart a while back, but is far more detailed. Whereas the Revell NSX only has an opening engine hatch (besides the doors), this version has an opening trunk and hood. If you can find it, buy it! Otherwise, eBay is your only option.

Attachments

• walmart_nsx.jpg
    walmart_nsx.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 222
After further research, it looks like it is a Motor Max die cast, but specially packaged for Walmart under the "Motorworks" brand. Here's a pic with the Motor Max packaging.

nsxyellow2.jpg

Walmart has released these in extremely limited quantities, based on my search so far. Here's a photo of the model with all the hatches open.

Attachments

• 02nsx_side.jpg
    02nsx_side.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 224
Another pic...

Comparo to the 1:43 Ebbro NSX-R. BTW, FYI to local NSXers, don't bother going to the following Walmarts, my people tell me they are fresh out.

-101 & Chaparrel
-101 & Frank Lloyd Wright
-7th Ave & Bell
-83rd Ave & Union Hills
-Grand Ave & Bell
-101 & Camelback
-75th Ave & McDowell
-I-10 & Dysart

Attachments

• 02nsxs.jpg
    02nsxs.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 214
PHOEN$X,

Is it hard to open up the hood... I can't really open up the hood with just bare hands and I'm afraid that I'll scratch up the front if i try with a sharp tool... But I did tape off the rear spoiler and trunk area to file off those 3 metal thingys sticking out.

Zuerst said:
PHOEN$X,

Is it hard to open up the hood... I can't really open up the hood with just bare hands and I'm afraid that I'll scratch up the front if i try with a sharp tool...
Yeah, I'm not crazy about the hood or door hinge design, but can't complain considering the price. Did you notice the steering wheel doesn't turn with the wheels?

I used the edge of a exacto knife to wedge into the hood and pry it open. Works okay for me..

PHOEN$X said:
Yeah, I'm not crazy about the hood or door hinge design, but can't complain considering the price. Did you notice the steering wheel doesn't turn with the wheels?

I used the edge of a exacto knife to wedge into the hood and pry it open. Works okay for me..

I noticed that if I move only the front wheels the steering wheel does not move. But if I turn the steering wheel on mine it does turn the wheels, but only a little... more like a wiggle.

Back