Now here's a deal!

I agree. I wouldn't let the mileage scare me.

I agree, this one and that '91 with 55K miles for $23K OBO. I just can't justify yet another toy let alone have anyplace to store them, otherwise I would be in the process with one of those two...or possible both!

Hmmm....I suppose I could get one and store it at my father's place down in GA so I have a car to drive when I'm down there....but I always drive the van down with the kids, so practicality takes over. But I think both are deals to be had!

Last edited:
Three times the average number of miles per year...

I think a car only listed on prime will need much longer to sell than if listed on all the usual car sale sites.As long as there are other lower milage cars of similar type the higher mile cars go last.I do agree that the prices seem fair enough and the one thing we as long time owners know if all maintanance is up to date these cars can go 300k + miles.

Ken Sax has posted before about the "average" nsx milage per year and based on my faint memory it was about 6k/year:redface:

Ken Sax has posted before about the "average" nsx milage per year and based on my faint memory it was about 6k/year:redface:

I wouldn't argue with Ken but I seem to remember reading the "average" NSX mileage per year was 5,000. Keep in mind I am really old and sometimes don't even remember my name...

So if this car is five years old, since this is January of 2010, it should have an average of 35K miles. Instead it has 105K on the clock. 105/35 = 3 times the average.

Does it make it a bad car? No not necessarily. They could all be freeway miles for example. It does raise questions however. Simple questions regarding the cluch for example. Where was it driven, how, etc., etc.

People won't admit that this is a great deal because it lowers the value of their
cars. If the new owner puts on 10 k miles a year ---over time it will no longer
be excessive miles and this is a 2004.

Plus the owner is HONEST about the mileage !

he is also too honest in that he divulges what he paid for it...now that is a nice gesture..but it adds an additional angle.. that some buyers may not want him to benefit from only a 1000 dollar depreciation.Sadly There are a lot of people in this world who want all the rest of us to fail:frown:

People won't admit that this is a great deal because it lowers the value of their

What?:confused: So I guess you assume all NSX owner's want to sell their car?:confused: Oh, I also noted that you don't even own one... You want to buy one like you state in your profile?

If you think it's a great deal then why don't you buy it? Don't tell me it's out of your budget because you could sell it for more money, because it's a great deal as you state, make some money and then purchase another one.

LOL Welcome to reality.

Why would "admitting" that it is a great deal lower the values of their cars? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Steve

Any of you guys have any comments on this car in the marketplace: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121748

I've just now gotten into the market for a NSX, although I've done my research in the past. I'm trying to debate whether I should go with an older model, such as this one, or just save up for a year and go with a newer model. I'm in no real hurry.

If I decide on the latter option, is there a certain year that I should shoot for? I know the NA2 came in 1997, but is that the year I should shoot for?

Don't mean to hijack this thread or anything, but this seemed like as good a place as any.

As Rob said and we've talked about on other threads - both the cars Rob mentions are good ones. I think the 04 is a killer deal. Hey Rob, get that one and store it here in GA; I'll go over and give it a work out periodically! :biggrin: FOR FREE>......:biggrin:

got my 1992 NSX for 21,000 with 115,000 miles about a year ago,, put some bucks into it bringing it back to Mint,, if something had a scratch on it I purchased a new part,, no matter how small a scratch,, High milelage doesnt mean shit with these cars,, as long as they are taken care of your good!! and that car looks like it was taken care of

I would buy tomorrow if someone would scoop up my 92 gpw.

GPWs usually sell pretty quickly - there aren't too many of them. How many miles do you have?

^ Off topic; but you guys have to admit - an 04 with 105k miles is still much better than a similar serviced NSX that is an NA1 with the same miles - now I don't know about you guys but this on the surface looks like a smokin deal. Has anyone checked into it to see what the service history is?

Knowing what I know now about these cars if this 04 has its TB/WP/hoses up to date - it's a no brainer if you are looking at an older NA1 - absolutely a no brainer. Here's my logic: (let's just assume it's had the service I mentioned for the sake of the discussion)

1. It's going to depreciate very slowly at this point starting at 36k.

2. It's an 04 and therefore all the rubber and bushings are only 6 years old despite the miles.

3. If they are highway miles and I would guess many of them are - it's had a fairly easy time of it. Not being beaten up on the track lets say.

4. All these NSXs are costly to maintain so if your going to spend - might as well be on an 04.

5. If you bought it and started driving it only 5k a year then eventually others will catch up to you. Then the mileage will be spread out more as it would then appear in the future.

6. If these cars are maintained properly - they have a super long life ahead of them so what's 105k miles really, especially on an 04 that has just been driven as a daily for 6 years - big deal.

7. If you keep the miles down at this point the car could actually escalate in value as the years go by.

If I had it to do all over again and still had my cash and all I wanted to put in was around this amount - I would buy it in a heartbeat if the TB/WP/hoses and say 90k service was done and all records were in place and I'd consider myself damn lucky to have found it for 36k. Newer with high miles is better than older with high miles -Absolutely!

So somebody buy this already; like PDL or Chic on the other thread or some of these other guys that "say" they're looking for one. But with all that said I know it won't suit everyone - some have to have low miles whether new or olds and all the maintenance up to snuff - and there are some of those out there right now. I ran across the guy/primer that got that great deal on a red one with the custom exhaust and Comptech headers that he bought about 6 months ago and he's already selling it - wants 32k for it. Amazing.

Buy it, service it, drive it, enjoy it, and don't look back.:wink: We preach and preach about how well these are built, and then flinch at an 04 with 105k.:confused: Has Hugh not taught us anything about mileage.:wink:

After a number of months, why no belivers?

High Mileage on an 04 NSX,, I had an 05 TL and I drove it like mad , it still only has 68,000 miles on it,,, was the guy driving it cross country every weekend? I know that these cars last forever compared to any other car in the world,, and high miles dont mean shi_t to an NSX,, but get it and drive it till it has 250,000 miles on it,, my 2cent

Back