Nother Noob looking for history JH4NA21602T000212

Just took home a 02 6-speed, Yellow w/ black. 22k miles and not a scratch on it or a french fry under the seat.

It's tough to see it in the garage whilst i wait for the snow to melt...Man it's torture!

I have zero history on this car other than I bought it from a guy in OH who had it for 4 years and never drove it. He bought it from a dealer in OH.
JH4NA21602T000212

Never serviced it either.
I'm planning on getting my hands on a manual and changing all the fluids. Not sure about timing belts and the such. I'll search for that info.

Re: Nother Noob looking for history

Man, how strange....never drove it in 4 years.....weird! Never serviced I can believe that. Geez.

Fluids at a minimum. Welcome aboard with that "barn" find. I know you are in "hog" heaven. Someone might have history on it here. Good luck on that. Nothing much to worry about with it only having so few miles. But the time limit on the belt is up .....even still I don't think that's a big worry right at the moment - but many here would say it needs changing due to age - hell I did mine and it had been done once already and only has 44k miles - 91.

You'll have fun - where you hailing from?

Man, how strange....never drove it in 4 years.....weird! Never serviced I can believe that. Geez.

Fluids at a minimum. Welcome aboard with that "barn" find. I know you are in "hog" heaven. Someone might have history on it here. Good luck on that. Nothing much to worry about with it only having so few miles. But the time limit on the belt is up .....even still I don't think that's a big worry right at the moment - but many here would say it needs changing due to age - hell I did mine and it had been done once already and only has 44k miles - 91.

You'll have fun - where you hailing from?

That's funny. It was actually in a barn. A nice heated barn but it was a barn.
I'm in upstate NY.

Change that timing belt and water pump. It just isn't worth risking a failure.

don't know about the history but you are in our NE section of the world.Check into the NE forum on prime and think about joining nsxca our national club.welcome to ownership.If you have time and money and are a psycho you could join the other intrepid travelers going to the 20'th aniversery celebration in Japan.

You WILL of course be joining us at Kids Day (don't know the date yet, but usually @ second week of July). It's a great opportunity to meet many owners, drive your car on the track while putting smiles on kids faces, breaking the speed limit without fear of tickets, getting rides in other NSX's driven by some of our generous owners who are open trackers and seeing what our car can really do!!!
BTW, this is close to you at Watkins Glen!!

Use it as a guide because you have nothing now, but do not count on CF to give you everything about the car. I never use CF when buying, but the fact that you already bought, it can't hurt to know something.
GOOD LUCK and welcome! :smile:

You WILL of course be joining us at Kids Day (don't know the date yet, but usually @ second week of July). It's a great opportunity to meet many owners, drive your car on the track while putting smiles on kids faces, breaking the speed limit without fear of tickets, getting rides in other NSX's driven by some of our generous owners who are open trackers and seeing what our car can really do!!!
BTW, this is close to you at Watkins Glen!!

Hi Roger,
The date this year is July 14th
See you there:biggrin:
Ron

No Guys, I'm not a dealer!
I'm a sicko car guy like everyone else. The NSX is great! But it's not for me. I own a small biz in a small town and the attention is unreal. Not what I was looking for.
I always wanted a Ferrari and I'm now rethinking that idea entirely.
I can't even drive it to work...people are stopping in the parking lot to look at it...even turning around to follow me. I can't spend my day policing the parking lot.

That being said, eveytime I drive it, I consider pulling the ad.

Now what's tout kids day? More info please?

Back