Not so new owner

I guess I have been lurking long enough. I purchased my NSX in May of 08.
Red/Tan 2001. 19,000 miles. All stock.An American car imported into Canada.
Have wanted one ever since they arrived on our shores, but could never afford one. Plus life got in the way. You know, wife,kids,mortgage.That kind of stuff. I retired in Apr 06. Kids are grown up, house paid off, no bills except the usual hydro , gas, and food. The things we all need. Anyhow the wife suggested we look for a Honda S2000. One of my sons friends has one and she really liked it. So I start looking. Found a few,then came across this NSX. After about an hour of convincing talk she agreed to it. It was at a dealer about 1000 kms away. So I put a deposit on it then we drove down 2 weeks later , took it for a drive and bought it. Drove it home. I liked it so much that a month later we returned our Pontiac, and bought another Acura for our daily driver. Since owning it I have installed stainless brake lines,shark antenna, Stmpo front and rear strut braces, and Dali anti-sway bars. I absolutely love this car. When my wife agreed to it she said I could either buy a brand new Corvette, or the NSX. I think I made a good choice. You know we are on this planet for such a short time , that if you can afford to have a little fun , you should go for it. I could go on longer but I'll stop. Don't know how much I can contribute to this forum, not being a real gear head, but I really enjoy reading the posts.
That's all for now.

Attachments

• nsx 2.jpg
    nsx 2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 172
Nice NSX, took you 3.5 yrs to introduce yourself I see. Congrats and enjoy

wow a 3 year lurk ,but your first post is awsome! Your country has a pretty strong nsxca albeit concentrated in the toronto region..but heck you should think about a lovely drive down to colorado in 2012 for nsxpo,now that you guys are empty nesters. Continued Good luck with the car.

Agree above posts. :smile:

Are you the only NSX in "Tunder Bay."? NW Ontario is a huge Blagosphere.

Great first post.

2001 NSX kinda a rare bird. Keep it nice.

Hi,

Congrats on the beautiful car and welcome to Prime.
I think red/tan is a classic color combo and it is one of my favorites. (Could be because that is what I have also). :wink:

I understand not posting right away. With time the way it is (never having enough) and perhaps not thinking what we know is useful information. I myself haven't posted in a long time and I am trying to be more involved. You will find the forum useful as a tool where you can ask specific questions that you need answers to. You will find yourself making great friendships and emailing others with NSXes or those who are looking like you once were. Posts need not be long.... Straight and to the point usually works best. It is understandable if they do get long though as when we talk about what we love we tend to gush.

Put yourself out there and know what you have to say is important. You will surprise yourself with what you can add to posts and helping others with their questions will only prove to yourself how much you really know.

Now, get out there and post, post, post :biggrin:

Don't worry about not being a gear head. It's always fun to see banter and conversation about these cars in any form in all of the different subforum. Quite entertaining, really, even if the humor is a little... childish at times. Everyone is a kid at heart =]

Great NSX and great post - welcome and congrats. Definitely made the right decision; Corvettes are nice, but there are a zillion of them running around. Nice clean stock NSX's are getting really tough to find.

Agree about not being on the planet for very long - makes me want to drive my NSX more than I do ! Cheers, Jay

Congrats and great first post.

Lurking for 3 years... thats cool

Congrats on the nice NSX !

Another red/tan owner too, keep her stock... she's special

..but you already know that :smile:

I take it from your username that you also own/ride a Honda CBR1100XX ?

Welcome! Glad to see another Canadian NSX owner.

Your story sounds very familiar, and I'm glad you chose the right car. I had a similar situation between the S2000 and the NSX and in the end my wife was the one who said "if you buy the S2K, every time an NSX passes by (which is rarely) you'll be whining to me about how you almost bought that black NSX!" and she (as usual) was bang on.

BTW...nice username :)

Here's my car:
222544_10150244834526224_690446223_9061914_1165529_n.jpg

Lurking for 3 years... thats cool

Congrats on the nice NSX !

Another red/tan owner too, keep her stock... she's special

..but you already know that :smile:

I take it from your username that you also own/ride a Honda CBR1100XX ?

Yes I have a 2000 Blackbird (it's actually blue)

Back