Northeastern Oklahoma Drive

For those I have not already contacted.... We are planning a drive in Northeastern Oklahoma on Saturday October 18th. Starting in Broken Arrow (East Tulsa suburb) 9:30 AM at Sutherlands Parking lot at the Broken Arrow Expressway and Elm Street Exit (Southeast side of the exit). The drive will take us on some fantastic roads, lunch in Tahlequah, ending in Locust Grove, (near 69 and 412 for those wanting a quick return to Kansas or Arkansas) The drive should take about 5 - 6 hours including lunch and some photo opportunities.

Looks like we have 8 NSX's for sure and the weather looks like low 70's. With cool temperatures this week the trees should be changing colors. (I drove it Saturday and the trees are already starting to turn)

Anybody interested, send me a private e-mail. I'll be traveling through Thursday but will return messages on Friday. Or if you can figure out the starting point from the information above, just show up. All are welcome!

Just got my Valentine 1 today.
I will be on time!
Meet you at the McDonalds before the 69 exit on the turnpike.
Don't hv a club radio so I will call Norm on his cell to check the progress.
Looking fwd to the weekend...

See you all in the moring at the Sutherland's parking lot at 9:30

There will be two of us making the trip over there from the Rogers/Fayetville, AR area in the morning....look forward to the drive and seeing/meeting everyone.

Cheers,

Chris

Everyone....it was fun meeting you all and really enjoyed the drive. Wish I could have stayed around for lunch and completed the drive with the group.....by the way I was a little late getting home, according to my wife.....(missed the Hwy 10 scenic turn off so I added a few extra mile to my trip home)...but once I did find Hwy 10 I was off and cruising...what a beautiful drive that was...can't wait to do it again!

Look forward to seeing the pics and hope to see you all again on another drive!

Chris
91 NSX
Rogers, AR

I echo Chris' thought. That was a blast! Both legs of the trip, to and return, were perfect for the NSX. Twisty, well paved, nice straights, and dramatic elevation changes. :D You couldn't ask for better weather and meeting new and old friends again was great fun. Great job Norm and Sheldon.

For those who couldn't make it, we had 10 cars (91-97) and owners from NE Oklahoma and NW Arkansas. Hope you can make it next time!

Sorry you couldn't stay longer Chris. But I think we all understood.;)

Norm and Sheldon,
Thanks so much for organizing such a great drive. This was a fantastic route. My wife (6 1/2 months pregnant) said she had four contractions during the twistees :o I didn't get to take a good look at the map until I got home since I was running late Sat morning. Hats off to Sheldon on such a professional job. We both had a blast and talked about how much fun it was to meet everyone. Great group of NSX owners. Looking forward to getting together again soon.

Tory

What a great day. Thanks for the hard work you guys did putting this together. Everyone made us feel comfortable.
The map was very professional and the course was just right.
My only regret is that it happened so fast. Wish I could go back and do it over since I have so many questions and want to get a better look at each nsx.
If this sampling of owners is representative of all nsx owners, I not only got the right car but also the right community.
NSXCA dues will be paid today.
Here is a link to the photos from Saturday (includes a few post drive pics):

http://members.cox.net/a_lerxst/

I also took a few video clips from the car. Next time I will have a camera mount so my brother can enjoy the drive. I will try to download, edit and post a few in the future.

Pls PM me with your names so I can keep the users/real names straight.

Last edited:
Finally, pics of the Fall Drive.

aaa.jpg

aac.jpg

aad.jpg

aae.jpg

aaf.jpg

aag.jpg

aaj.jpg

aak.jpg

aal.jpg

aam.jpg

aan.jpg

aap.jpg

aaq.jpg

aar.jpg

aas.jpg

aat.jpg

aau.jpg

aav.jpg

aaw.jpg

aax.jpg

aay.jpg

aaz.jpg

abb.jpg

abd.jpg

abc.jpg

abf.jpg

abe.jpg

abg.jpg

abi.jpg

Probably listening to my wife (in the very back) who is 7 months pregnant complain about having four contractions during our "spirited" drive through some great "twistees". She suggested after that part of the drive that maybe someone else would enjoy the white knuckled co-pilot seat more than she did. :D :D :D :D:

Back