Northeast contingent for NSXPO

My wife is trying to work on a hotel for those of us who are flying out early for NSXPO to do a little sightseeing before NSXPO starts. If you are planning on travelling out early with us (so far I believe it is Pete, Doc John, The Don and David), please let me know asap so we can check on rooms. We are flying out the Saturday before NSXPO and would be booking a hotel for that Saturday night through the following Tuesday before heading up the coast to the NSXPO hotel.

As of right now, one of her former hotels, The Clift, would like to do something for us but is curious as to how many rooms we would need. The cost might be prohibitive for some so if the rates are too high, we can look into alternative properties.

Bob

Trish and I are up for whatever,keep us in the ol loopy.

BoB,

So, are you shipping the cars out, picking them up and driving up the coast? Where are you landing and picking up your cars?

Amanda and I are flying into SFO on Tuesday and heading up to wine country.

Rich

I'm supposed to be in on this too. I'm just not sure yet who will be in the passenger seat, my wife or one of my kids.

RichH said:

So, are you shipping the cars out, picking them up and driving up the coast? Where are you landing and picking up your cars?

Yes, we are shipping the cars both ways and staying in the San Fran area for 4 nights before heading up the coast to stay at the NSXPO hotel. We will most likely fly into San Fran but I don't know where the cars are being dropped off yet. Pete is working that one out.

Do we have any idea when we would ship the cars out?
Would it make any sense to lv my car at Peter's or Bob's after the New Hampshire event?

Just remember one thing ladies and gentlemen .....
It's all about me.

s2ktaxi said:
can anyone provide pickup info, cost etc?

I hope you are sitting down when you read this because it's not cheap. The approximate cost for round trip will be about $2300 per car for an enclosed transporter with a full trailer. The pickup points have not been negotiated yet but it is anticipated that we will use 2 "central" locations to be determined after we have confirmed everyone for the trailer.

s2ktaxi said:
Thanks. I'm still interested and am trying to finalize my schedule around then.

A further FYI:

As you probably noticed in this thread, those of us on the trailer are flying out the weekend before to do some sightseeing before NSXPO. You are welcome to come out early as well but if you cannot, let Peter know so that arrangements may be made to "hold" your car at some location until you can pick it up. We hope to time it so that the cars will arrive on the same day that we fly in.

Back