NOPI Announces Road Corse and Oval Track Series for 2005

NOPI Announces Road Course and Oval Track Series for 2005

NOPI Motorsports and IPOWER DASH Series join forces creating NOPiPOWER Inc.

NOPiPOWER is hosting ten events in 2005. Speedways like LOWES Motor Speedway in Charlotte NC and Road Courses like Road Atlanta in GA. We are currently mainstreaming the series by introducing new engine programs, innovative aerodynamic body panels and wings to improve the look and performance of these racing sport coupes. Currently there are over 40 pro teams with cars like the Cavalier, Celica and Sunfire with 6 cylinder spec engines and speeds up to 160mph Looking at the NSX, RX8, ECLIPSE, 350Z. and others to add to line-up along with more to follow.

Each event will include a NOPI style car show and events. Lots of other racing will be taking place the same weekend. We're looking at a Mean Miata race, Pro Drifting exhibitions or competitions, Autocrossing, Pro Compact Drag Racing at compatible facilities and maybe a touring car type race. Planning has just begun for the 2005 season so not many details to report yet. Please tell me what you think. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Very interesting. With a shift (it seems) from the drag racing to the drifting / interest in road racing I would think a big Corp. like NOPI would be missing out by not being heavily involved. Neat idea, love to see more info about it.

Do you have any plans to do an event in Florida? I would think a track like Moroso would be an ideal venue for your event...roadcourse and drag strip in South Florida...should be well attended IMO. I'd look to run my NSX on the road course as well as the drags. Twice the flavor, twice the fun!

Back