Noise from my rear driver side wheel...

Over the last several days I've experienced a peculiar noise emanating from what I'm sure is my rear driver side wheel. I have an '02 with 85k miles. My best approximate description of the noise is a squeaking/rubbing noise. It occurs after driving for a few miles. Here are some characteristics of this noise...

1. Directly tied to speed for it is faster at speed and slower as I decelerate.
2. Noise seems to disappear under throttle. Has something to do with loaded suspension?
3. Noise diminishes if the wheels are turned.

Research is pointing me in the direction of an issue with the axle nut/wheel bearing. Now, I don't have the requisite tools to check this out on my own (34mm head socket, torque wrench up to 240 ft/lbs). Where can I go to get this checked out that doesn't involve me going to Acura of Santa Monica??? I live in Miracle Mile, closest cross street is Wilshire/Fairfax. Can a tire shop do it? Any suggestions are welcome. I

It was the wheel bearing. Took about a week of investigating, ruling out other things. Interestingly enough there was zero play on the wheel. It was pretty worn out. Seized to the hub.

Back