No NSX's Available!

I am trying to take advantage of the current lease special that Acura is having but I just checked with my dealer and he says no NSX's in the whole state of Texas. The closest one is in Florida and its the wrong color.

Anyone else in the market? Great forum btw.

Salesman just called, and he may have found a Spa Yellow in AZ. Looks like I may be driving an NSX soon.

Here's a question: I checked out an 02 at a dealer and is there a way to not scuff the door and door jamb when entering and exiting the NSX? It had about 1600 miles (demo) and it was all beat up.

Test drove the 2002 at the dealership and Wow! A true exotic car experience. How do you guys keep from redlining it everytime you drive, the engine is so sweet sounding!

Steering is kinda slow. The clutch on this "new" 2002 (1600miles) was slipping already and the brakes were grinding when coming to a stop. Obviously its led a hard life and they actually told me with a staight face that it was brand new!

I can just imagine what a new one feels like.

NSX In Texas...

Lots of them show up in fall and winter. The ones from Dallas area seem to be driven less hard than Houston area.

No way they sell that as "new" even the wheels were scraped up.

Anyway, I found a Blue/Camel NSX in Fort Worth. But I don't know about the color. My first preference is now silver, I think it highlights the lines. Of course I've only seen silver.

There's a silver/silver and a black/black at Acura of Tempe, a silver/silver at South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa, a yellow/black at Jay Wolfe. All 2003s. There was a black/red at Jay Wolfe, but I just drove it home!!!!

Attachments

• mvc-122s.jpg
    mvc-122s.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 670
After I saw the color combo on acura.com, I had to have that color. It is sooooo great! I had (got) to drive it from Kansas City to Nashville today after I got it. What a smooth ride! I have a turbo RSX and, although the speed is comparable, it drives much more refined.

davidb said:
There was a black/red at Jay Wolfe, but I just drove it home!!!!

Congratulations on your car!

I have to say that your picture has made me reconsider the upgraded look - it looks great at that angle!

My salesman just called and has located a dealer who is willing to send an NSX to them. Its Silver/Silver from New Mexico. Anyone from NM know of this car?

I'm prequalified so I just need to give him the go signal, but want to make sure its a new car. Don't want a new used car, read above post for explaination.

norbtx said:
hey I'm a noob, give me a break!

newbie.gif

:D

All in good fun...

davidb said:
After I saw the color combo on acura.com, I had to have that color. It is sooooo great! I had (got) to drive it from Kansas City to Nashville today after I got it. What a smooth ride! I have a turbo RSX and, although the speed is comparable, it drives much more refined.

WOW i love that color scheme.. very nice.

Randy

norbtx said:
How do you guys keep from redlining it everytime you drive, the engine is so sweet sounding!
Steering is kinda slow.
I can just imagine what a new one feels like.
Who says we don't redline all the time? You gotta do it, just because its 8000 RPMs, and it sounds awesome! I wouldn't say the steering is slow, its just very stiff, which is great when you're accelerating through those on-ramps @75MPH.

norbtx said:
My salesman just called and has located a dealer who is willing to send an NSX to them. Its Silver/Silver from New Mexico. Anyone from NM know of this car?

Yes, I've seen it a couple of times now. It was in the showroom the first time I saw it........it's definitely a new car. I really think the silver is a gorgeous color, and the silver seats are really cool. (on the down side......good luck finding non-OEM replacement leather for them if you ever need to!)

I taked to one of the sales managers and he mentioned that the car was being sent to a dealer in Chicago and that the buyer had mentioned my name. Was this you?

The second time (and the last time) I saw the car, it was in the shop being cleaned and prepped for shipping by Jack, our resident NSX Tech. I went in this morning to pick up some parts, and I didn't see the car.

I think you'll be happy with the car. I didn't give it a thorough inspection because I wasn't in the market to buy it, but it looks like a nice car. It was also in good hands while it was here!

Chuck

Back