No front plates... NSX vs C5's

I have never seen a Corvette C5 with front plates on. I know we get harassed for not having front plates... but do the Corvette owners get harassed? Have you seen a C5 with a front plate on???

... just bitching...

I got a ticket from a state trooper for not having a front plate on my '77 Camaro a number of years ago.

POWERED by HONDA said:
I have never seen a Corvette C5 with front plates on. I know we get harassed for not having front plates... but do the Corvette owners get harassed? Have you seen a C5 with a front plate on???

... just bitching...
I've only received one "no-front-plate" ticket so far. Every other time (and there have been many), the cop let me go without a front plate because it's a Vette :D

I'm more likely to get a ticket in my TL than in the C5. I've received 2 tickets for tinted windows in my TL, and they're extremely light tints (35%). But I've never received a ticket for tints (25%) in the C5 :cool:

do you guys think the attention is from the car or the driver? in my case, i believe it's both.

i went to tint my windows....5% on rear and 50% on sides. the shop advised me not to roll down my windows for 10 days after the tint job....

on my 11th day, i was pulled over and given a fixed ticket. i had to pay to get them removed to get my ticket signed off.....

i paid around $120 to enjoy my tinted windows for 11 days......

of course i was a young asian kid with a japanese sports car with a super loud exhaust........

C5 vs NSX w/out front plates

The first time I got stopped w/out the front plate on my C5 I told the cop that the plate was in the space right behind me that it had been knocked off in a small fender bender (I had been in one, but the plate was never on the car), he laughed and said that all vette owners said that, and he let me go. A month later I was parked outside of a restaurant, when I returned to the car, I had a ticket on it for no front plate ($15 fine), I asked the ticketing person ( a meter maid) why they had given me the ticket, and she told me that her boss had driven by, seen the car and instructed her to write it up. I paid the fine, and in the 39 months of driving the vette, those were the only 2 incidents. There are many vettes in my area (C5's) and I'd say that less than half of them ride with the fron plates. In the 5 months of the NSX, no stops, no tickets, I hope it continues that way. I have the plate in the trunk, the mounting bracket in the garage, it's just that it looks so ugly on, I hope I don't have to put it on the front of my baby!!!

You guys should have your front plates in your glove compartment. If you get pulled over, quickly dig out the plate and put it on your front dash. Same thing with parking on the street, though I never park on the street so it ain't no problem for me.

I owned a Corvette (C4) for five years as my daily driver. I never received a ticket for no front plate. I have had the NSX for about six months now and I have not had any problems yet.

I am sure there is some bias towards the Vette because the Vette is part of our (us Americans) culture. The Corvette has been around for fifty years now. Everyone knows what it is and everyone appreciates what it is. Cops are no different in this respect.

By the way, I do not mind it that the police play favorites with certain makes. Hopefully the NSX is on their list of cars they are lenient with. :D

Back