• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Ninous Makou

NINOUS MAKOU = VERY BAD GUY

He purchased a Kinetix Racing SSV intake manifold from me, XLevel, on eBay.
Aug 7 - He attempts to send an e-check or makes it look as if he did. Estimated clear date keeps getting pushed back every few days.
Aug 15 - E-check has still not cleared. He says his bank won't let it go through that way and asks if he can send four payments of $200 and one payment of $57.45 to take care of the $857.45 total. He sends the multiple payments. I send out the manifold.
Aug 27 - Paypal places a hold on $800 and their policy doesn't allow them to say why it was placed on hold. They say the buyer or the bank can ask for the transaction to be reviewed. I give Ninous the benefit of the doubt and figure everything will work out. I call paypal and provide the tracking number to prove the item was delivered, but the seller protection doesn't cover a transaction with multiple payments.
Sep 4 - Paypal reverses $600 of the payments. I call and email Ninous Makou and leave a message asking him if he can resend the $600. I am very nice and not accusing him in any way.
Sep 23 - After sending numerous emails and calls I realize I've been had and see that he is online on G35driver.com and send him a PM. I also leave another voice mail letting him know that if I do not receive payment I will be contacting the local police and handing over everything I have including the pictures of the manifold on his car that he posted here. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1065115#post1065115

After saying on Monday last week that the phone he uses is in his brother's name, and the voice mail is password protected which is why he can't get my messages and he would send the payment to me on Wednesday (10/1), it never arrived. Thursday he replied saying that he was just very busy and asked for my paypal address again. Since then no payment has been made and he has stopped responding to my PM's on G35driver.com, which has been my only method of contact I have at this point.

He never made good on the purchase. I sent all the info over to Scottsdale police and he has been arrested. It's only a misdemeanor, but at least it's a bit of justice.

Back