Niguel Motors Engine Drop (Pics)

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ramone at Niguel Motors did an excellent job on my car. Took about a week to do all the work. List of parts replaced and some images attached below.

TB/WP
Camshaft Seals/Cam Plugs
Clutch
Rebuilt Axles and new Axel Boots
Spool Valve Seals
Oil pan seal
Cam Cover Seals
Rear Main seal
Crank Pulley/Crank shield from SOS
Valve Adjustment
All hoses replaced

Thanks again Ramon!

Attachments

• Engine Tunnel (2).jpg
    Engine Tunnel (2).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 307
  • Engine Tunnel.jpg
    Engine Tunnel.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 288
  • Engine-Sub Assembly.jpg
    Engine-Sub Assembly.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 307
  • Flywheel.jpg
    Flywheel.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 282
  • Head (2).jpg
    Head (2).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Head.jpg
    Head.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 285
  • Rear Main Seal.jpg
    Rear Main Seal.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 263
  • Timing Belt.jpg
    Timing Belt.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 291
I always wondered why people don't change the cam sensor as well. They tend to puke tar on the floor and working or not, it's approching 20 years old and is a major task to change once the engine is back in place. Maybe I'm just paranoid.:redface:

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ramone at Niguel Motors did an excellent job on my car. Took about a week to do all the work.
I'm hoping to drop my car off with Ramon this Saturday. He had too many NSX's to fit me in last week but now that your car is done, hopefully I can get in. :biggrin:

I always get work done at Niguel Motors. Ramon and Tom are great guys..

Next up.. getting the NSX-R front chassis reinforcements installed along with a Dali-Racing swaybar. Plus Ramon is going to install some 'custom' running lights. Saw them on his NSX and boy, does it look nice! (plus some new HIDs)

I hope he can fit me in! he sounds busy this week

I'm hoping to drop my car off with Ramon this Saturday. He had too many NSX's to fit me in last week but now that your car is done, hopefully I can get in. :biggrin:

Yeah I had to call a few times to get my car in but Ramon was really nice about it. Another one of his customers was waiting for an RPS clutch for his turbo NSX but it was taking a while to get it from SOS. Don't know whose car is was but the color was grey. Really cool to see though.

Nick

My car is there as we speak getting tb/wp/hoses/camseals/cam plugs/all gaskets/ tensioner/ full 90k service. Can't wait to see the results.

Hopfully you will be as happy as I was. I am pretty meticulous about the car and I found that he was quite detail oriented. He even managed to take care of bleeding my brakes and ABS system without me asking. Nice touch I thought. Make sure you get the car aligned if he is dropping the engine. My rear was a little off after but that is to be expected as fas as I am concerned.

Nick

Yeah I had to call a few times to get my car in but Ramon was really nice about it. Another one of his customers was waiting for an RPS clutch for his turbo NSX but it was taking a while to get it from SOS. Don't know whose car is was but the color was grey. Really cool to see though.

Nick

That was steves car holding everyone up lol. His clutch basically traveled all over the U.S. ;)

what was the total price of all that work? wanted to get a feel for others prices ya know.

3K?

Nick

Just spoke to Ramon. I'm in for Saturday 8/7! He's got one more car this week to finish up.

When you go to Ramons to drop your car, If you see my car Black nsx with Ivory interior when you are there take some pics of my babe, I miss it..

I was there the other day, and saw your car on the lift.
thumbs.gif

Back