Nice Tire Inflator

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bon-Aire-GoodYear-120-Volt-Multi-Purpose-Inflator-i8000/202539084

I like to be able to air up my tires at home,it's getting harder and harder to find a gas station with an air hose,and my heavy Craftsman dual tank compressor was leaking after only about four years,so I started looking around for a new inflator.I wanted one to use in the garage,plugged in,didn't need it to be portable and powered by car's 12-volt system. As i looked online,this one kept popping up,it's also at Wal-Mart and Amazon for the same price.I read reviews,they were mixed but more good than bad.Getting it led to a whole reorganization of crap to have a spot for it right by my only plug,with an extension cord handy.About 4 hours after setting it up,I went out to drive my other car,and found a tire completely flat with a screw in it.

This little pump worked great,pumped the flat 263/35-19 tire up to 40 pounds in 3-4 minutes, and was pretty quiet. It appears solidly made,but I can't speak to its durability because it's new.The chuck screws onto the tire valve,which some don't like,but it was good for this use because it took a few minutes and I didn't have to keep holding it on there.There's no tank,it's direct drive,so it's light,about 8 lb.The gauge on it was fairly accurate,but I double-checked with my Accu-Gage one after disconnecting the air hose,so just used the built-in one to get in the ballpark,and went a little over so I could bleed it down with the more accurate gauge,and only have to screw it on each valve once.

Last edited:
Back