nice bmw owner

had a funny experience yesterday. I was cruising along a parkway coming back from an appointment in my 04 jaguar xjr.

a bmw 3 comes up along side of me, thumbs up, gunning it, etc.

after a rolling start we both hit it. surprisingly, the my xjr had him by 3/4s of a car length.

we pulled over and talked cars for a couple of minutes. he was surprised that i pulled away from him in second gear. This was NOT an m3, but he had the dinan tuning package--low 300's hp.

i think shifting was huge part of the difference, as i could hear his shifts and i didnt think they were as quick as couldve been. (i was in auto mode).

anyway, nice guy, said he'd been doing lot of track time. even though im a jag owner, im continually surprised how quick it feels compared to my nsx, and other sportscars. these new high-po sedans are pretty amazing. I'd definately recommend checking out the jag xjr if youre looking for fast sedan. I love mine.

jaguar actually has an offer in select states for current lexus, bmw, benz, cadillac, and audi owners/drivers.

show the dealer you own/drive one of these and are interested in one of the XJ series sedans, and it's yours for 24 hours pending dealer approval. (obviously a 16 yr old in dad's current luxury sedan might not make the cut)

buy the car and you get a 2K cash incentive too I think.

Back