Next NSX Test Mule?

Looks like maybe the s2000 club racer version?

Underground in a secret facility below the Suzuka Factory is where they are building the next NSX. :biggrin:

If the engine is in the rear why wouldn't they use a NSX as a mule instead of a S2000? :confused:

A few more pics.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2798

From the looks of it, they stretched the rear. There's no reason to stretch the rear of an S2000 unless you were putting something between the driver seat and the trunk. Let's hope it's an engine and not a back seat. The transversely mounted muffler would suggest a proper mid engine layout too. Here's to hoping!! :)

they could have streched it because of the SHAWD, and that could indicate the extra size in the rear QP, as each rear wheel has its own clutch pack, with the differential in the center.

Hmmm...the plot thickens. The car is is obviously an MR format. I don't want to get my hopes up though.

Fantastic! I think this is proof the new NSX will be mid-engined. I noticed the hatch amd the 10 inches the door was shortened and the B-piller was made wider. The exhaust is further proof but Acura could still have the engine in front.
I'd prefer an aluminium body but steel would be OK too if the price was right.

Back