Next Houston meet / Drive ?

I think the next meet/drive is in February. Next meet for chit/chat could be anytime depending on everyone's schedule. If I am not mistaken, I believe Mr. Bel was coordinating the February one..Sam that is. :biggrin:

Wheelman said:
I think the next meet/drive is in February. Next meet for chit/chat could be anytime depending on everyone's schedule. If I am not mistaken, I believe Mr. Bel was coordinating the February one..Sam that is. :biggrin:

Hmmm...that would be me....:wink:

Well, I guess I need y'all to figure out when...other than my first run last year, the others have had little attendance.
With such a diverse and busy group of folks, we always seem to have schedule conflicts. SO, y'all pick the perfect date for everyone to join, and I'll have a route/lunch/miles and smiles to enjoy! :biggrin:

I will start with some concerning dates:

Feb 5th - NOT! Superbowl Day
Feb 11th-12th??? Weekend before Valentines?
Feb 25th is bad for me as my anniversary is the day before, and I have been TOLD I will have plans. :tongue:

Saturday or Sunday is fine, but Saturday's seem to work better for most folks.

Will this be a couples run? Meaning, bring your SO/spouse/etc? I never know, so my wife is always unsure if she wants to attend a guys-only thing.

Sam

Watch out! In that case, I am bringing the Mystery Machine..my Green 2000 Honda Odyssey and Vtec with my family while passing all you 2 doors!!.:biggrin:

I'm a new NSX owner in Houston and would look forward to meeting everyone at a future meet. I look forward to a date being chosen. :smile:

Since the 'blast through the forest' route seems to be out of the questio these days, how about a Houston / Austin drive ??

I think a drive through Limecreek rd would be nice, and probably a leisurely drive afterwards through the hill country like going around Marble Falls.
And since Austin is pretty close to either San Antonio, Houston, or even Ft Worth/Dallas, we may get a better attendance for a 'late Winter Hill country drive'

Cheers .. Gus

bsudiro said:
Since the 'blast through the forest' route seems to be out of the questio these days, how about a Houston / Austin drive ??

I think a drive through Limecreek rd would be nice, and probably a leisurely drive afterwards through the hill country like going around Marble Falls.
And since Austin is pretty close to either San Antonio, Houston, or even Ft Worth/Dallas, we may get a better attendance for a 'late Winter Hill country drive'

Cheers .. Gus

Hey Gus, good idea, but remember the last time we did this? Yeah, only 3 folks showed up, us being two of them. Fastrunner was the third. Great job on Ojas' part to pull it together.

I believe we would have a good turn out if we did a local drive. All we need is a consensus on a date, and we will have a drive. We've had a lot of comments and "Views", but no one wants to pick a date. :confused:

That date will work for me ... Galveston or Surfside ??
Maybe not a place for spirited drive .. but quite good for a relaxing drive ...

Cheers .. Gus

At this point, that date sounds fine to me as well.

Personally, I'd prefer a more "challenging" route...however, anything is fine as long as we can get something set up.

Brian

bsudiro said:
Sounds like we have some takers on that date ..
Sam .. any idea of a good route ???

Always a good route. :tongue:

Let me verify the date with my boss. I don't know if she expects a full three day weekend.

SamBel said:
Always a good route. :tongue:

Let me verify the date with my boss. I don't know if she expects a full three day weekend.

The boss says it's a good day for a drive. We can plan on the 26th! :biggrin:

I found a route from last year's S2k/NSX drive ..
Basically it starts from I-10 going into FM 1458 .. then wind around and ends around FM 149... then back to Houston through Tomball.
I can PM you the routes .. or if everyone wants it, I can also post it here ..

Let's see if there's another route that we can think of ...

Cheers .. Gus

Back