next DC-area/mid-Atlantic NSX event ??

Mid-Atlantic NSXers: We need to decide when/where to have our next DC-area event. Pohanka Acura in Chantilly has offered to sponsor lunch again, with a rally/drive afterwards. Let me know which weekend and day works best for everyone.

Second item: Would you be interested in a "Mid-Atlantic" region forum? Lud has said it's a possibility. It seems we mid-Atlantic guys get kinda left out- we're not really SE (mainly Florida) and we're not truly NE either. Do we want a regional forum of our own?

I agree, we definately could use a forum for the Mid-Atlantic.

As for the next event, can we wait till end of May or early June? I am selfish and want to make sure I have my car back for the next event. It's been away for many months now and should be complete sometime in May.

The end of May probably is better for everybody.
Can we go to Kings Dominions after meet at Pohanka ?

Another NSX meet sounds great Howard, count me in! My weekends are generally open so it shouldn't be a problem. :)

...and I think your "mid-atlantic forum" idea is in fact a really good idea. I find myself always juggling between the northeast & southest region forums to see ALL the threads that related to our DC/VA/MD metropolitan area. It makes sense**

--- Kevin

PS: As long as the meet doesn't fall on "memorial day weekend" too....I should be at the beach :cool:

Don't forget 5/22 Don's River Run

We had a few DC area participants last year, it was a great time, Don had us do a spirited drive, tour of a local winery, and lunch at his house, a great time was had by all, don't know what goodies he has planned for us this year, but the date is 5/22 so don't plan an event that would preclude you from joining the fun!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Re: Don't forget 5/22 Don's River Run

RPM217 said:
We had a few DC area participants last year, it was a great time, Don had us do a spirited drive, tour of a local winery, and lunch at his house, a great time was had by all, don't know what goodies he has planned for us this year, but the date is 5/22 so don't plan an event that would preclude you from joining the fun!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

We hope to see as many of our MidAtlantic friends (and new faces too) as possible at the sixth annual and FINAL River Run on May 22.

C'mon, mid-Atlantic guys, gimme some input so I can coordinate this with Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA (near Dulles Airport). How about Sunday May 15th???

Also- I'm gonna ask Lud if we can have our own "Mid-Atlantic" forum. -Howard

Hey Howard-

I would love to go on the 15th, but my car will not be back yet. If you can push it to the end of the month, then I will be able to make it.

Jason

Sig said:
Hey Don-

How long of a drive would you guess it is from Washington D.C?

Here's the destination on MapBlast -- you can put in your start point and then apply the usual "discount" for NSX speeds

I'm game for the 15th of May...or any weekend thats not Memorial day weekend :)

Pohanka is unable to do an event in May. The GM there said either Sunday in late June will work for them. We can meet on May 15 (and perhaps do indoor kart racing near Dulles) or wait until June and do it at Pohanka again. Let me know what everyone thinks. POST UP !!!!!

charleysung said:
Kart racing on the 15th sounds like fun. The kart track near Dulles is a blast.
Agreed, I hear good things about those "carting-days" at the Dullus track. Seems like a lot of fun among fellow NSX'ers. I'd be game for that in May :)

ImportXpression's website shows the event as a MONDAY. Also, an email reply from an employee there said the co. has financial problems, so I would check before traveling to one of their events.

Back