newer NSX 7 spoke wheels

As a prospective buyer of an early model 91-93 NSX, I wanted to update the wheels to the newer 7 spoke model, but have been unable to find anything on the Internet for this. Does anyone know where you can get these or aftermarkets that look identical to these for a reasonalbe cost and how much would they cost?

Thank you, I have e mailed them for further info. Just to give you an idea of what range I am looking at, I recently owned an older Porsche and found some new mille miglia aftermarket wheels that were identical to the newer turbo twist style listing for $1300 with Kuhmo tires. Any sites that sell in that range?

Originally posted by jlindy:
As a prospective buyer of an early model 91-93 NSX, I wanted to update the wheels to the newer 7 spoke model, but have been unable to find anything on the Internet for this. Does anyone know where you can get these or aftermarkets that look identical to these for a reasonalbe cost and how much would they cost?
There always seem to be a set available on the for sale portion of this forum. I also believe that one of our Michigan members has a new set of OEM machined finished wheels for sale.

Being relatively new to the NSX world, what would the machine finished OEM wheels look like and how would they differ from the stock type R wheels? I have done a lot of research on the mechanical side and what to look for, but I can't find anything on wheels.

Stock Type R Wheels are usually white

nsx-r-wheel.jpg

1994-1996 OEM wheels are painted in solaris silver (a gun metal color)

oemwh_solaris_silver.jpg

1997-2001 are machined. The color is called Blades Silver.

oemwh_blades_silver.jpg

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

[This message has been edited by RyRy210 (edited 11 November 2002).]

thanks for all the good info. Let me know if you run across any in my price range.

I have been looking for stock 7 spoke wheels in white color with color matched genuine Acura logo center caps. I mean wheels "not repainted" or "reconditioned" but "genuine white paint" from Honda. (maybe it's called GrandPrix white?) Does anyone know if it's available to order from Acura dealer...?

Originally posted by Hideki:
I have been looking for stock 7 spoke wheels in white color with color matched genuine Acura logo center caps. I mean wheels "not repainted" or "reconditioned" but "genuine white paint" from Honda. (maybe it's called GrandPrix white?) Does anyone know if it's available to order from Acura dealer...?

Well, you can always have DaliRacing get them for you.... http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=322

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

If you're looking for a real bargain on a brand new pair of white rear wheels, click here and try contacting the seller at [email protected]. I don't know if he still has the other pair for sale or not. I have no affiliation with the seller, standard disclaimers apply.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 21 March 2003).]

I am not sure what is the price range, but I just recently update to 97 OEM wheels, below is how much I paid for everything:
$1400 on the OEM 97 rims with no tire (only 5% thread left)
~$400 on Kumho tires (Supra 712)
$70 mounting the tires on the wheel (since I bought the tires online)
$135 on OEM lug nuts and wheel locks (the previous owner has aftermarket wheels on the car and he lost all the lug nuts)
I think this is a average price for OEM wheel and Kumho tires. I would say you will pay about the same as I did if you want to change to the 94+ OEM wheels. I may pay extra on lug nuts, but I guess you have to pay for the shipping which I didn't
wink.gif

That's a very good price on the '97 wheels. I would say it's slightly below average. The other prices are pretty typical (although I think you can probably do slightly better on the lug nuts if you shop around).

Those tires would certainly NOT be my first choice for the NSX. I don't believe in spending a lot of money for a high-performance car and then compromising that performance by buying mediocre tires in order to save a few bucks. But that's just me, I guess.

Originally posted by NSXER119:
I am not sure what is the price range, but I just recently update to 97 OEM wheels, below is how much I paid for everything:
$1400 on the OEM 97 rims with no tire (only 5% thread left)
~$400 on Kumho tires (Supra 712)
$70 mounting the tires on the wheel (since I bought the tires online)
$135 on OEM lug nuts and wheel locks (the previous owner has aftermarket wheels on the car and he lost all the lug nuts)
I think this is a average price for OEM wheel and Kumho tires. I would say you will pay about the same as I did if you want to change to the 94+ OEM wheels. I may pay extra on lug nuts, but I guess you have to pay for the shipping which I didn't
wink.gif

Why would you put those cheap ass tires on your NSX? That is like running 87 gas to save a few pennies.

------------------
91 Red/Ivory #2061
K&N Filter, DC Headers, DaliRacing Chip

Why would you put those cheap ass tires on your NSX? That is like running 87 gas to save a few pennies.B]

The reason is because I only use my NSX for cruising around the city, and I am tired of racing on the street. My insurance is pretty expensive (3 cars in the same policy) since I have 1,000,000 liability to cover my house, so I don't drive fast anymore...:0 I think high performance tires is not that important for me

Originally posted by NSXER119:
The reason is because I only use my NSX for cruising around the city, and I am tired of racing on the street. My insurance is pretty expensive (3 cars in the same policy) since I have 1,000,000 liability to cover my house, so I don't drive fast anymore...:0 I think high performance tires is not that important for me

Then you could save a lot of money by buying a nice family car...

Back