Newbie w/ questions..!!!

Hey guys this is my first post. I am a member at many other online car forums. Anyway, at some point I will be looking into the NSX but my main concern is the reliability and the cost of service. I understand the car can have well over 100k miles and still run fairly well, anyone attest to that??
To the owners reading this: I live in San Diego, if anyone is in the area would someone mind letting me take some pictures, or perhaps taking me for a ride? I'm not asking to drive by any means, but just give me a sense of what the ride is like. I was only in one NSX and it was supercharged and fully built so I want something stock or fairly close to get a sense of the real ride. Thank you all much, and I look forward to speaking with you all.

THE4TH said:
Hey guys this is my first post.
Welcome!

THE4TH said:
at some point I will be looking into the NSX but my main concern is the reliability and the cost of service. I understand the car can have well over 100k miles and still run fairly well, anyone attest to that??
Lots of folks here can attest to that. However, that does not guarantee that nothing will ever go wrong.

Keep in mind that there are two components of service. One is scheduled maintenance, and the other is unplanned repairs. You can calculate the cost of scheduled maintenance very easily; in fact, you can look up typical costs for various services in the NSX FAQ. Add in costs for gas, insurance, and tires - remember that rear tires don't last that long - and your ownership costs (purchase price, lease payments, interest, whatever) - and all of that is your expected cost, exclusive of unexpected repairs.

Unexpected repairs will happen on any car, particularly a car that has higher mileage. The NSX is as reliable as any other car with 100K+ miles, even an Accord or Civic that most of us are familiar with. But occasionally, things do go wrong - a clutch will fail, or an A/C system will fail - and when that occurs, it will be more expensive to fix than on other cars.

You can reduce your chances of unexpected repairs by buying a car that has been meticulously maintained by the current owner, with all scheduled maintenance up to date and no problems whatsoever.

I would ask yourself this question: On a high-mileage NSX, if an unexpected repair costing $2K showed up every once in a while (say, once every 20K miles), would you regret purchasing it? If no, go for it; if yes, don't buy it.

THE4TH said:
I live in San Diego, if anyone is in the area would someone mind letting me take some pictures, or perhaps taking me for a ride?
I would suggest posting this request on the Southwest Forum on this site. Also keep an eye out on that forum for any announcements of upcoming NSX events and gatherings.

Good luck.

I will repost this in the Southwest forum, and I will keep my eye out thank you.. I posted here instead of there because the site rules asked that non-owners keep the posting in here to the best of their ability... but thanks.. I'll get right on it... :p

THE4TH said:
I will repost this in the Southwest forum, and I will keep my eye out thank you.. I posted here instead of there because the site rules asked that non-owners keep the posting in here to the best of their ability... but thanks.. I'll get right on it... :p

come on out to one of the monthly meetings, there will be quite a few owners and cars for you to compare. I will be happy to give you a ride.

I know this should be in the Southwest but where can I get details about the local monthly meetings? I didn't see a specific thread about meets in SW.

THE4TH said:
I know this should be in the Southwest but where can I get details about the local monthly meetings? I didn't see a specific thread about meets in SW.

Next one is 4/8 at Weir Canyon Acura. I believe that's aneheim hills acura. Stay tuned, more info will be posted as the time comes. Usually 1-2 weeks prior to the meet.

Post a thread in Southwest requesting info, I am sure AG NSX will respond, he's the So Cal NSXCA representative.

Back