Newbie to this forum as well as NSX.

Hi guys, I am new here and also new to NSX. I had just bought a used 1993 red NSX after making comparison with Ferrari 348 and 355. The car has 110k km milage but still run great. It is lots easier to drive than the Ferrari, specially in the place like singapore where it is only 24sq km in area. I was told that the maintenance is a lot cheaper as well. Eventhough I have not bring the NSX in an open road in Malaysia to "test" the limit, but I can felt the power in our short expressway and the easiness in the day to day driving. The only problem I have with the car is when one of the brake light went dead, it sort of triger the "brake light" and "TCS" warning light to turn on on the panel. Is this a big concern ? I was too busy and still too busy to bring the car to dealer to get it check.

Is there anything that I should be aware concerning this car such as its weakness..

I am quiet impress with the car and thinking of getting a used one with younger age such as late 99' or 2000. Does a 99' NSX so much more different than 1993 in terms of performance ?? Having live in singapore where it is notoriously known to have the most expensive car in the world (due to heavy taxes to limit car ownership), a new car does not make economical sense. The cost of a car in here in typically 3X than in US.

Joel said:
Congratulations!

I'm wondering why you didn't get the 99 NSX in the first place?

I think there is only less than 5 NSX in Singapore. I was even told that there is only 3 on the road. I saw a 98 with a F matic shift and targa roof but that is an auto as well. So a used NSX is very hard to come by...I might resort to import a used one...just have to work the math.

sindu,

Tell us more about your problem. Did the lights reset or are they still on. Do you have a bad brake light bulb, and have you replaced it? Do you have original OEM wheels and tires on the car, or aftermarket? TCS can get very strange if the tires are not the correct sizes.

HTH,
LarryB

NsxJoy said:
I'd imagine even a '93 would cost sky high in Singapore...

It cost me close to US$100k. I will drive this one for the next few months and if I really like this car, i would get a new one instead of 360 modena convertible.

Larry Bastanza said:
sindu,

Tell us more about your problem. Did the lights reset or are they still on. Do you have a bad brake light bulb, and have you replaced it? Do you have original OEM wheels and tires on the car, or aftermarket? TCS can get very strange if the tires are not the correct sizes.

HTH,
LarryB

The light are still on. Basically, there are 3 lights that went on. The brake light (coz i have a bad break light bulb), TCS, and another yellow light next to TCS which I can't remember now. I just got back from a road trip and have not been in the "cockpit". The wheel and the tires are the original. Those light were not on when i bought the car but the break light bulb went bad, then the TCS, the break light, and the other yellow light beside TCS went on.

Tks in advance.

Hay Mr. Wolf. Why don't you give this guy a break. He is new to the forum and is asking for help. It's one thing to seek information via the FAQ and it's another thing to seek personal experience and opinions.

This guy is considering spending six figures for a used car where there is obviously no place to take it to be checked out, and wants some actual feedback.

There has been lots of feedback about the "curt" comments to people seeking help. This board is full of experts and the information is fantastic.

I've owned several NSX's and I search the FAQ's when I have a ,question, but the intent of this board, as I understand it is to help all of us that own the car as well as those that are interested in purchasing the car.

Doug

Mr.Wolf said:
Congratulations on your purchase.

Welcome to NSX Prime. Let me introduce you to a <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/search.php">personal friend of mine</A>... :D

Wolf,

I know that there is the search engine and the FAQ. I am active at other forum and hence I quiet fimiliar with it. For all purpose and intent, I had done that but just saying hi on the board and state my problem would hopefully start my activity in this forum and start making friends. I had read many threads and i try to learn about NSX as much as I could when time allow. Thanks Wolf. I was hoping the link you provided will lead me to a hot babe :D :D

Dtrigg said:
Hay Mr. Wolf. Why don't you give this guy a break. He is new to the forum and is asking for help. It's one thing to seek information via the FAQ and it's another thing to seek personal experience and opinions.

This guy is considering spending six figures for a used car where there is obviously no place to take it to be checked out, and wants some actual feedback.

There has been lots of feedback about the "curt" comments to people seeking help. This board is full of experts and the information is fantastic.

I've owned several NSX's and I search the FAQ's when I have a ,question, but the intent of this board, as I understand it is to help all of us that own the car as well as those that are interested in purchasing the car.

Doug

Thanks Dough for your kindness. Actually i had spent the six figures money and the problem does not show up untill 2 weeks later. I will make a time to bring the car to the dealer next week. I really enjoy the car but mine is an automatic version. I think the car could use more power though.

Mr.Wolf said:
Mr.Sindu, for intensive purposes I was simply introducing you to my personal friend, that is The Search, with the intention of introducing you to some very hot ladies; if you know the right 'words' and 'buttons to press'. :D

The Search is good...here's what it "uncovered". :D

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16478

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=20246

Now does everyone understand why Mr.ForumsNazi upholds the Search? :D

That was NICE intro indeed...I shall move to houston rightaway....:D :D

Back