Newbie question with possible NSX acquistion

Hello everyone

I've been enjoying your site for almost 6 months now. I really enjoy tons of useful infos.

Anyways, I'm considering this NSX. I want some honest feedbacks from anyone with great knowledge of the vehicle. You guys probably seen this car but anyways, it's located in Tucson, Arizona.
91 with 89k miles, VIN JH4NA1152MT001059. Originally black but repainted to Silverstone Metallic,(PPG stage 3) Rebuilt Title with Right Corner fender Accident. Lots of mods and stereo upgrade. asking $25.9 k. You can check it out at
www.nsx4sale.net.

All your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:smile:

Seems ok. But promise you'll fix that gas door thing. :eek: if you buy it.

Whats that thing inside of teh fog lamp on the pass side? The nose paint also doesn't seem to match the rest..but could be the lighting.

I'd spend a few $k more and get a non-salvaged one, but JMO. If you gotta have silverstone, it looks like that is the ticket.

Normally not a fan of a total body re-paint...but from that picture it looks good. Obviously check the door jams, etc to make sure they did a good job. The car itself looks nice, but I'd take a real close look in person. Also realize that since it's a salvage title, it won't get any easier to sell down the road. (as miles add up)

I've seen salvage titled ones go for a lot less. Just remember, it will be much harder for you to ever sell. I'm not sure where he's getting the ? 20K in upgrades from. He's willing to drop the price 3K without the audio system to 22.9K. So, if you see and like it offer him 18-19K then get a PRE-PURCHASE INSPECTION. If it's O.K then you probably got a good deal. Then add a nice stereo for a lot less than 3K

Wow

what a fast response, I'm impressed. Things you guys mentioned are exact concerns that I have you guys pointed out.

If everything is legit though, 91 with 89Kmiles on, is this gonna be a problem?

If it was maintained properly, does it still have lots of life left in it? It's going to be a toy car not a daily driver.

What's the cost of 90k service in ball park?

thanks

Is anyone from Tucson, AZ and have seen this car or know the owner?

And anyone around tucson, AZ willing to check out the car before I fly out there?

thanks in advance:rolleyes:

Here's the cost info:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Maintenance/costs.htm

Keep in mind that it doesn't include like timing belt change cost, etc. that you might need to change.

Also, you might run into an alignment problem if the car has been hit. I remember in high school, I used to own a car that has been hit and they couldn't fix the alignment (therefore, I had uneven wear tire and the car kept drifting to one side).

If you can get it cheaper, then you shouldn't lose much at all down the road when you decide to sell it. And yes, salvage title will get much lessor value. I saw someone just recently sold their salvage car for 18K-19K.

You might run into more problem with the car than you plan. Just remember what you are buying with a salvage car. If you're a mechanic, then you can save a lot of money if you can fix the problem yourself. However, if you hate working on cars, then I don't recommend owning a salvage one since it might costs you another $5,000 to fix unforseen problem with the car.

good luck,
2fast2c said:
Wow

what a fast response, I'm impressed. Things you guys mentioned are exact concerns that I have you guys pointed out.

If everything is legit though, 91 with 89Kmiles on, is this gonna be a problem?

If it was maintained properly, does it still have lots of life left in it? It's going to be a toy car not a daily driver.

What's the cost of 90k service in ball park?

thanks

Back